Who the **** are you?

By silly_billy - 11/06/2009 05:08 - United States

Today, I was eating lunch with my wife. We were having a nice time when a man came up to me. He said, "Hey! Bill how are you?" I wasn't really sure, so being polite I said, "I'm sorry, I can't remember your name." He frowned and walked away. It was my company's Chairman of the Board. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 361
You deserved it 54 722

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sigh. Easy solution. "Oh why hello! How are you? This is my wife ______" She says hello, goes to shake his hand and he will automatically introduce himself. VERY rarely will this not work.

Do you work so far down the food chain that you never met the leaders?

Comments

And you didn't know his name... why? If you'd been working there for more then a week, this is just sad.

Not really. If he works for a good company, you can meet and work wih a lot of people and forget all of their names. The trick to getting around that is just not mentioning you forgot, and if you decide you might need to contact them, while writing down their info, ask "So how do you spell your name?" Lol :)

"So, how do you spell your name?" "Uh... B-o-b..."

Do you work so far down the food chain that you never met the leaders?

Someone's not getting a promotion any time soon..

You can make it up by approaching him and saying that you JUST promised your wife that you will at least be dedicating meal times to her. Or something. I don't know, it kind of implies that you were so dedicated to your work that you just pick up calls all the time or something.

amatayo 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
charleemander 0

U know what you shouldve done? Is played along with it so no one gets hurt in the end xD Be like "Hey man how's it going?" but no u failed life xD it's ok haha