By Anonymous - 18/04/2009 06:53 - United States

Today, I went out to dinner. The waiter was pretty cute. He greets us, "Hi my name is... (long pause) Jordan." Thinking he was flirting, I quickly smart back, "Are you confused?" He says, "No actually, I have a stutter." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 899
You deserved it 69 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i don't get it, how did you think he was flirting??

thuryn 2

You worry too much. This sort of thing happens to *him* every day, all day. Just don't make a big deal out of it, and he'll appreciate it. "Oh! I thought you were flirting! *smile* So what's good here?" That's all it takes. Problem solved.

Comments

i guess u got a "surprise" in your food .

dr_house_MD 0

73, you, my friend, are an idiot. I don't know what its like to have a wandering eye so I will not say anything about it. But you don't know what its like to stutter. I do. You have no right to say anything about stuttering unless you have been there yourself. You have no idea whether or not you would be embarrassed. So please, shut the **** up.

Emzy_x3 0

This isn't really a "FYL" or a "YDI" for me. I understand that you made a mistake, and so does everyone else--you don't deserve to damned for that or anything. It might of been slightly embarrassing for you, but it was probably more embarrassing for HIM. I can't say R's well and I talk fast. I know how it feels like when people ask about it or make fun of it. I feel like crap or like some idiot. Jordan was probably depressed the rest of the day because of that.

Why the hell did he pause if he only stutters?

There are several different kinds of stuttering, not just repeating phrases/words/sounds that people might first think of. A pause like the waiter demonstrated was likely what's called a block or tense pause where the muscles in the mouth and/or throat tense up so that the individual can't get the word out.

good job dick face..you deserve to get punched in the earlobe..

OMG u poor thing that's so embarrassing!!!!