By Anonymous - 18/04/2009 06:53 - United States

Today, I went out to dinner. The waiter was pretty cute. He greets us, "Hi my name is... (long pause) Jordan." Thinking he was flirting, I quickly smart back, "Are you confused?" He says, "No actually, I have a stutter." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 899
You deserved it 69 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i don't get it, how did you think he was flirting??

thuryn 2

You worry too much. This sort of thing happens to *him* every day, all day. Just don't make a big deal out of it, and he'll appreciate it. "Oh! I thought you were flirting! *smile* So what's good here?" That's all it takes. Problem solved.

Comments

YDI for thinking you were cute enough for him to flirt with.

the way he said it could have been flirting. its hard to explain it in words. but i can see what she meant by the pause= flirting. ouch, poor thing. you weren't to know i guess.

SilentGround 0

i thought he was about to give you the name of a coworker. now how did you think he was flirting? nonetheless, this is when you should apologize, bury your face in your hands for looking like a moron, and proceed to leave. oh life.

This is how I met my wife of 11 years, she came to eat and I paused before saying my name and she asked If I was confused.

I dont think its called stuterring.

#47: Some people with a stutter will pause before they say a word that is hard for them to pronounce. I do it sometimes. You deserved that. You need to observe somebody before you say something like that

jdb2009 0

OP: you're not smart, not at all. #6 - 04/18/2009 at 11:20am by thuryn: **** this bitch, OP don't take this advice, have a little more tact then that.

You sound like a jerk, OP. **** you.

I have a stutter. I have nothing else to say.

Yeah thats probably best so as not to embarrass yourself ;) lol

SK25Reboo 0

@83, that was f***ed up, though it was funny, I had to admit.

okay, i don't see how in anyone's universe that's flirting. or how asking if he's confused is flirting back. or why you assume he's flirting with you. and it's pretty obvious when someone has a stutter, even if they pause and don't actually say "j-j-j-jordan," the pause isn't like a natural pause. so, you really, really deserve it.