Goddamn commies

By Frazz - 10/06/2013 05:09 - Australia - Aspley

Today, I was told by my grandfather that I was no longer allowed to visit him or to set foot in his house. Why? He found out I have been taking Japanese and German as electives in my degree, so I must be an 'enemy spy'. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 142
You deserved it 5 257

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

Old people are always suspicious of everything. They think everyone is secretly after them.

So go back to him and tell him you've got permission from ASIO to tell him you're an Australian spy studying Japanese and German to spy on them. If he asks for proof, tell him of course you don't have any proof, no spy carries proof they're a spy.

Comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

Old people are always suspicious of everything. They think everyone is secretly after them.

Yea, my grandfather and his tinfoil hat are no longer on speaking terms ever since it failed to protect him from a soviet frequency.

Wizardo 33

The worrying thing is not even the hat but the fact he speaks to said hat...

ChronicBluntz420 7

Yup, 'cus world war || still goin' on and shit. Smack that old ass nigga.

3- its not the hats fault. Tin foil only works protecting against the aliens mind waves.

ChronicBluntz420 7

Thinkin' world war || still goin' on and shit. Smack that old ass nigga.

You should tell him that you are taking those classes so you can be a double agent

perdix 29

#1, which is how they got to become old people. Those who don't think everyone is out to get them get killed young.

Some old people are set in their ways, get your parents to rationalise with him.

Misswildsides 22

If I got accused of being a spy, I'd play along with it for a little bit, then rationalize.

I can see where he's coming from though...

Japanese and German? You totally had it coming.

InfamousRaider 15

For my first year of high school I'm taking german...

Wouldn't that mean that they are more likely spying on Germany or Japan?

He'll come to terms with it. Give him time

RedPillSucks 31

He'll be dead before then...

So go back to him and tell him you've got permission from ASIO to tell him you're an Australian spy studying Japanese and German to spy on them. If he asks for proof, tell him of course you don't have any proof, no spy carries proof they're a spy.

My exact thoughts. Add that you are doing it for "national security" and insist that he tells no one in your family! ;)

Wizardo 33

Whatever you do, don't let him see you play Call of Duty otherwise its End Of Line...

perdix 29

You'd better not let him catch you eating sushi while watching "Hogan's Heroes." He'll go all Hiroshima on your ass!

To be fair, although I never went through WW2 myself I imagine it does take a bit of getting over... Those who fought for for the Axis powers probably feel the same way, regardless of their political views on the matter. It's no surprise really. A couple of years ago, there were two old men walking down the street in my town. They both had a panic attack because a car backfired and it brought back memories of the war. My great grandfather fought in the Polish resistance and earned a war medal for valour, but he smashed it up later on in life because it made him think of his friends who were killed in the war.

Post-dramatic stress syndrome ! Or shell shock ! That's nothing to take lightly.

23- im not being a graammar nazi but just so no one has any misunderstandings: post-traumatic stress disorder

23/26 - not trying to be a grammar nazi but just to add: Post-traumatic Stress Disorder and Shell Shock are the same thing.

RedPillSucks 31

However, people from WWII on both sides have gotten together to share their stories to each other.

acerredrum 23

I think # 26 was correcting the fact that #23 said "Post-Dramatic" not that she said shell shock.

Yes thank you, #55, I guess I should have elaborated. At first, I thought #23 was being sarcastic, calling it post-dramatic disorder so when I realized it was a typo, I didn't want anyone else to make that mistake. :)

You probably shouldn't have given him the Nazi salute when you saw him last. That MAY have been a tipoff.

Dawnstempest 17

For those that have lived through war, war is never over.

Try telling that to Drake and Josh's great-grandfather...

#42, War. War never changes. Sorry, too much Fallout. ;(