By Anonymous - 18/04/2009 06:53 - United States

Today, I went out to dinner. The waiter was pretty cute. He greets us, "Hi my name is... (long pause) Jordan." Thinking he was flirting, I quickly smart back, "Are you confused?" He says, "No actually, I have a stutter." FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 899
You deserved it 69 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

i don't get it, how did you think he was flirting??

thuryn 2

You worry too much. This sort of thing happens to *him* every day, all day. Just don't make a big deal out of it, and he'll appreciate it. "Oh! I thought you were flirting! *smile* So what's good here?" That's all it takes. Problem solved.

Comments

Illidan_fml 0
dr_house_MD 0

#64, how the **** do you not know that?

I was just reading this with a friend and he laughed and said thats just like you. I have stutter too lol. FML Btw if i'm not mad no one else has a right to be so stop being suck dicks

Assumhiming made an ass out of you and him.

okay do any of you even know what it feels like to stutter? it sucks ass. Most people try to hide it, some can, some can't. if you're smart you understand it was a mistake, but I hope she appolagized. you all are attacking her for it isn't helpful in any way.

dr_house_MD 0
thuryn 2

#49: I believe that you are an idiot. The whole point of my advice was to turn something that was potentially embarrassing into a *real* flirt. So he has a stutter. So what? I have a wandering eye. Everyone I know has some weird, embarrassing quirk. Some are more obvious than others, but *everyone* has it. You just have to get past your own crap. If I had a stutter, I think it would be annoying, but I wouldn't bother being embarrassed of it all the time, any more than I'm embarrassed by the fact that sometimes people think that I'm looking at them with my left eye when I'm not. What do I give a shit what they think? ...but this isn't about "Jordan" in the first place. The FML was posted by the other person. So from HER point of view, the thing to do would be to break the ice and put "Jordan" at ease. Even if HE wasn't flirting, a little flirting on HER part could have turned that situation around completely. I mean seriously. It's goddammed hard to feel bad about yourself when some girl is flirting with you. ;)