By sifa - 10/04/2009 07:06 - Malaysia

Today, I went for a lunch interview for my dream job. The interview was great and at the end, I tried to seal the deal by complimenting my future boss. I said, "You're really hardworking. Do you always work on a Saturday?" He looked at me, smiled and then wrote something down. Today's Friday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 837
You deserved it 59 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't really see how that would effect the rest of the interview.

How do you not know what day of the week it is? Especially if you have an important appointment like a job interview.

Comments

#4 - It's a common mistake. Just yesterday, earlier I knew it was Thursday, yet a few hours after work one of my friends mentioned how they pretended that it was friday all day at work in order to better their mood. I then later referred to "tomorrow" as Saturday. I highly doubt that someone would be THAT dense as to not show up to work because of a day switch-up. Unless it's a company full of up-tight dicks. In which case, this is no dream job.

OperationNicole_fml 0

The first thing I think of when people screw up days of the week is my grandmother. She always screws them up, and she's not forgetful or anything. The reason: she doesn't do anything all week so she loses track of when the weekend is coming. Most people that do things most days of the week know what day it is because they have schedules for the week and plans. That's probably why it could be seen as a bad sign, people see it as a sign of laziness.

maedoc 0

honestly, ydi for tryin to butter your potential boss up. you should be tryin to get a job based on work related talents, not how much you can suck up. but, i really doubt one stupid comment is gonna destroy an entire interview, especially if it went as well as you claim it did.

Aww, lol. Hopefully that won't affect your chance of getting the job that much.

I never know the days of the week. Doesnt really matter to me either, get up and go to work. Everyday.

andy_fml_fml 0

OMG WERE ALL GOING TO DIE who cares.. if he doesn't hire you because of that then let me know and ill get my pitchfork ;) hahah w.e and if he doesnt hire you then its his loss.

andy_fml_fml 0

oh and he probably wrote down " Buy this one a calendar" ahah

#18 – "YDI" means "You deserved it," as in, the option that's not "I agree, your life is f***ed" Honestly, this is not really that terrible. So you messed up the days of the week. Your boss isn't going to care. If the rest of the interview sucked, then you're not going to get hired. But if you were great up until tha ton emoment, I'm pretty sure it really won't make a difference.

yesmy_love 0

ooh boo hoo. you're life is over.

don't comment If it's too stupid for you