By sifa - 10/04/2009 07:06 - Malaysia

Today, I went for a lunch interview for my dream job. The interview was great and at the end, I tried to seal the deal by complimenting my future boss. I said, "You're really hardworking. Do you always work on a Saturday?" He looked at me, smiled and then wrote something down. Today's Friday. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 837
You deserved it 59 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't really see how that would effect the rest of the interview.

How do you not know what day of the week it is? Especially if you have an important appointment like a job interview.

Comments

OP - That'sa so funny but like everyone said I'm sure it won't hurt you too bad. #28 - Not everyone lives in your time zone. It could've been Friday for them and not you.

Haha I don't think it's that big of deal to foget what day it is. If you're what he's looking for there's no wa he won't give it to you over a tiny mistake like that.

kahyia 0

yea its not that big of a deal EVERYONE does it once in awhile. this by no means will determine if you get the job or not and #14 if everyone only got jobs based on their work related experience, more than half the workforce would not be in their current position. Once you graduate from highschool its no longer about WHAT you know, but WHO you know. I know plenty of times either I or one of my friends/colleagues got an internship/job NOT because they were the best suited for it but because they had some type of rapport with the person in charge of hiring. To say that the best suited individual will get the job only happens in a perfect world and we all know that this one is far from perfect.

Crunchy_fml 0

No offense, but that was a bad compliment anyway. Anyone can tell you were obviously trying to suck up.

49 is the only one who has it right. That is such a shitty compliment even if it were Saturday. ANYone who interviews you would see through that and think that you were a complete idiot. If you want to land a job, give compliments that show off your intelligence; not 'compliments' that just go to show him that you aren't a hard worker like you have just so clearly reminded him he is.

thats why you shouldnt smoke the ganja before a job interview

sugarspyce 0

well...I hope you get the job at least.

Emmett_Luver_101 0

how is that fml? lol ydi but i hope u got the job

000001 0

Here's to hoping this doesn't mar your chances of getting it. Good luck!