By greeenbean - 02/10/2009 10:41 - Samoa

Today, I was woken up by the massive earthquake in Samoa. I went downstairs to discover that all the hotel staff had fled and abandoned the hotel guests. I was left to run up to higher ground on foot. It was a three hour hike. By the time I got to a safe spot, the tsunami warning was lifted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 408
You deserved it 3 773

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, on the bright side, you still got a life to **** around with...

Comments

uhh yeah this sounds fake.. i mean i doubt that people there can access internet, let alone computers.

CoffeeCovered 0

Think of it this way : Who wants to wake up and find out they have a huge chance of dying from a tsunami while they're on vacation and alone?

X_totallysucks_X 0

Better safe than hopeless and drowning. Shut up.

SO FAKE !! and even if this was rea1: 1) you're alive!!!!!!!!! and 2) i bet you facebook status says: "OMG the hotel staff abandoned me in the middle of an earthquake..." what is with people today?

My Dad's best friend of 50 years since before college died in that tsunami. He and his wife had been sailing the world in their retirement. They had been anchored close to shore and he was swept off the boat. His name was Dan Olszewski. Be thankful that you have your life.

doch_fml 4

I'm assuming you're a tourist in Samoa. If you were a local you wouldn't be complaining about climbing a hill for three hours. At least you're alive.

Easily fake. It was about half an hour between earthquake and tsunami. And the surge was 1.5 metres high - it can't have been a 3 hour hike to get to 2 metres or more above ground. Plus, I was in neighbouring Fiji at the time and the warning was only in place for little over 90 minutes for the region. What's more, this has been a huge tragedy, with people I've known personally having lost their lives. Don't go making up stories surrounding such a terrible disaster.