By JackieD - 25/08/2014 18:05 - United States - Bellevue

Today, I was watching the movie Frozen with my 8 year old daughter. I had seen it before, so I sung along with some of the songs. My daughter put a finger over my lips, said "Shhhhhhhhut the fuck up," then turned back to the TV, giggling. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 092
You deserved it 16 217

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Who sings that?" "The girl from Frozen!" "Yeahhh, let's keep it that way."

I'm a cashier and saw a kid about 9 or 10 tell his dad "**** you" when he wouldn't give him a quarter for the quarter machine then stormed off...the sad part is, he got his quarter eventually. Don't be that type of parent OP, please

Comments

Not singing during Frozen should be illegal

ShadowlessSpear 21

Should be the other way around.

I would just shut off the tv and ground her. so rude

I would have popped her mouth for that one. Not hard enough to hurt but hard enough to make her think twice before cursing.

Lil_Red777 21

Wash her mouth out with soap! That's what happened to me and my cousin's when we cussed. Not enough to hurt her or make her sick obviously.

I had my mouth washed out with soap when I was a kid. My mom put soap on a cloth and literally scrubbed my tongue with it. I don't even remember what I said, but I do know I never got soap in my mouth again after that. It's very effective. Ugh, I still remember the taste and the gagging! *shudders*

turtles4life 24

My mom washed my mouth out with soap and scrubbed so hard she took a tooth out. We joke about it now but when I was younger it was enough to teach me respect for my parents.

My mother once washed my mouth out with liquid dial soap. To this day, I still think twice before saying certain things to her and I gag at the sight and smell of the yucky orange soap!

MountainGiant87 15

My mom use to use a tablespoon of vinegar.

nialls_girl 13

I don't think she really deserves to be told to "shut the **** up" just because she was singing a song.....

I think he ment YDI because the kid learned to say that somewhere, like a parent perhaps.

This is only a YDI if this isn't the first time it's happened and if OP didn't discipline her child after this; thus causing her to say it again in the future. Every child says a swear word at least once and then either learns it's wrong/rude to say and doesn't say it again or says it again maybe once and decides the consequences were worth saying it, or doesn't get disciplined and continues to say it all the time. Just cause it was said once though isn't a YDI.

Giving her the spanking of a lifetime, stopping Frozen and then threatening to throw away or give away the DVD would be the appropriate response. You're the Mom. You sing whenever the hell you want. And you set the punishments, too. There needs to be a follow up to this...

ShadowlessSpear 21

Maybe just shut the **** up and watch the movie.

_spacekid 11

I would've seriously gave her a whopping, kids her age shouldn't say that.

ShadowlessSpear 21

I know I'd say shut the **** up. There is this thing called the brain, which you can use to sing in your head and not disturb others.

54, You sound like one of those rude people that just freaks on someone instead of talking to them politely about the situation first, usually leaving the person wondering "where the heck did that come from." I really hope I'm wrong.

#64, wow, you figured out all that from his comment? you sound like you're jumping to conclusions.

ShadowlessSpear 21

You are wrong, though the "shut the **** up" would come after 1 or 2 attempts at quieting said person

Glad to hear it 75. :) I'm just saying I don't understand those people that just freak like that right off the bat without trying to be polite first. They usually leave people wondering where that came from and it only gets their backs up. Being polite is usually more effective.

moosetracks22 10

I hope she got a spanking and got grounded. And by grounded, I mean no tv, computer, video games, phone, playing outside or toys, nothing in her room besides a bed, clothes, and maybe some books. She needs to learn that kind of behavior isn't acceptable.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Whenever I was grounded (never for anything like this) my parents took my books away too. :(