By emma_waters23 - 26/04/2013 00:11 - United States - Long Beach

Today, I was walking my dog. A cute guy stopped me and said, "Wow, you are gorgeous!" I said thanks. He looked at me like I was nuts and said, "Not you, your dog." FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 823
You deserved it 6 003

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I would've just said, yeah, I know. THANK YOU, and made him look like an idiot.

onorexveritas 23

he's one of those "I like animals more than humans" types

roflstomp716 19

he should've at least played it off like he was talking to you. and not say he was talking to the dog. that's like a slap to the face

when I make compliments about someone's dog out in public I say "he" or "she" . not "you" . if I'm wrong about the gender the owner will correct me . no big deal . if I'm walking my dog and someone says "you" I'd think they were talking about me . I don't know what this guy's problem was because "thank you" is a normal response when complimenting someone's pet . example : "wow ! SHE'S/HE'S so pretty !! you have a beautiful dog sir/ma'am!!" :D I think this fml makes it out to seem like this guy made OP out to seem less attractive than her dog . or he was just a jerk . but that's just my opinion !! :) Carry on ...

Shorty777 4

Was he looking at you when he said it?

He should have just went a long with it and boost your self esteem.

It seems there's something missing from this FML... If he was speaking to the dog, wouldn't he direct it at the dog? It seems strange he would direct it at OP in a way that was confusing enough to mistake who the recipient of the comment was. I can't picture this scenario as it's written without asking questions.

Should have said ' I didn't say anything it was the dog'.