By lemonadedisguise - 18/07/2009 17:14 - United States

Today, I was out to dinner with a friend. When the bill came with a customer satisfaction survey, I put honestly that the "server friendliness" was "below average." Ten minutes later, I had to return to the restaurant to beg the waitress for my keys, which I had left on the table. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 931
You deserved it 22 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How the **** did OP deserve it?! If the service was shitty, the service was shitty

I would've talked to the bitch's boss. If you were being honest, and then you had to BEG for your keys because she saw, then maybe, just maybe, the bitch should've been fired.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
gsm_fml 0

You reap what you sow (as in planting in the ground).

Aish_fml 0

Wow, way to misspell a totally misplaced piece of advice! Anyway, I was a server for a couple of years and I probably wouldn't have gotten upset if this happened to me. They get those surveys all the time. And I'll bet not all of them are good.

It's what my little brother used to say in every situation. He thought it had to do with needle-thread sewing.

Why did she take you keys? that bitch.....isn't that illegal? because she's taking your property I also would have talked to that failure of a waitresses boss if I were you.

he left his keys on the table... and when you clean tables your supposed to take what they leave behind... put it in the lost and found you know... op: i'm a waitress... we all have our days, and the costomers aren't always that nice... but i think it was rude of her to take it out on you by not giving you your keys back

Even so, if u do have to take whats on the table, she should have given the key's back regardless, so this just show's that u were speaking honestly on the survey XD

Suffertree 0

OP, seriously. YDI. Why not just tell the bitch to give you your keys. Instead, you "begged". Pussy.

Bull shit. I'm a waiter, and If someone left me that response, I wouldn't be mad, I'd wanna know why lol. [That wouldn't happen to me, I'm an excellent waiter.] This isn't an FML in my opinion.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
SSC_fml 0

Nah, he was being honest, it's helpful when people are honest so some peopel know how to improve. If they didn't want honestly, why give the survey?

how the hell did he deserve that!? Surveys are meant to help management see where they need improvement. If everyone gives them a perfect score even though their service is not up to par things will never change. What I don't get is why there wasn't anyone else you could have asked to retrieve your keys? Or requested a manager be called?

missmusick 0

How the **** did OP deserve it?! If the service was shitty, the service was shitty

Well, unfortunate, but it's not like the waiter could have done anything. If he wasn't being friendly, then he can't exactly moan about being called unfriendly. You were right to be honest in the survey.

I would've talked to the bitch's boss. If you were being honest, and then you had to BEG for your keys because she saw, then maybe, just maybe, the bitch should've been fired.

ILoveJace01 0
thecrazed7 0

DON'T FEED IT! And I hope that you contacted the owner of the place if you had to beg for your keys back.