By bobbies - 15/04/2009 02:15 - United States

Today, I was telling my sister about how I am horribly depressed and how I can't function and she responded with, "Oh, shit! I've got to go Jeopardy is on!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 659
You deserved it 5 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I like how some people here says they rather watch tv rather then listen to people bitch about their lives, but they visit fmylife.com everyday to read about people's fml stories, which is also people bitching about their lives.

Comments

youaresofucked 0

# 7 = ignorant, cold-hearted ****

I don't think you understand...jeopardy is really just that good. That's what it is. It's not being cold-hearted, it's just sometimes trivial knowledge gets the best of you :/

perstephane 4

To those who suggest that it's not your problem to deal with a friend/family member's depression, I feel you. I both have it and have dealt with loved ones who have it, and it's true, they need professional help. But you can at least listen long enough for them to get it off their chest, and then suggest to them that they seek that help. And trying to help someone who's suicidal doesn't make you "responsible" for them if they do something. I know it sucks trying to "fix" them, and it's not your job. But letting them know they have something to hang on for doesn't mean you need to give up your life taking guns out of their hands. It just means you at least try, or show them you give a damn. And OP, I hope you take from all of these comments the one idea that you SHOULD seek professional help, as well as a friend who will be sympathetic.

sorry bro but jeopardy trumps all. YDI for telling her during jeopardy.

I love how some people casually say that Jeopardy is awesome, and other people flip the **** out about cold hearts

perstephane, good post. What a lot of people indeed don't understand is that when you're depressed, just having someone who listens, someone who you can tell how you feel, helps. No one is expecting a relative or a friend to act like a psychiatrist. Just listen and encourage them to get help because the chances are that they won't without encouragement. And those who say that they don't want to hear about other people's problems: you might want to consider that when someone who has depression reads what you wrote, they probably will believe you and not share their feelings with anyone. That is incredibly dangerous and that's the way it works. Of course everyone is allowed to say what they want to, but depression is one illness that is actually affected by words. So people should really think twice before trying to act funny or cool.

Somehow, I can't help but think that this one is a complete lie...