By oxbbabexo - 14/04/2009 13:45 - United States

Today, I was talking to a guy I met online and have known for 4 years. I've fallen in love with him twice, one of those times being currently. He was supposed to visit this summer. I got an email from him saying he's really a 17 year old girl from Chesterfield, MO. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 054
You deserved it 93 878

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Today, somebody lied to me over the internet. FML.

RiverRelic 0

Which means he's a married 48 year old man from New Jersey - or some dude you know from work.

Comments

i've had that happen to me, no joke, it's so crazy! i don't know why all these teenage girls are doing these things...but at least you learned your lesson about trusting people from the internet without anything bad happening

Um, internet love is possible. Technology allows for an almost-realistic experience. I had a crush on a guy in Michigan (I'm in Tennessee) when I was 19, and we would chat on the phone while we viewed each others' webcams. Sure, we didn't have the actual physical part of it, but that was alright. Anyway, I fell and I fell hard. I'm 23 now, we've since met... and we're still together. :)

I actually think girls pretend to be guys more often- I'm sure there is some kind of psychological explanation for that. I think maybe its the fact that women are losing faith in men and attempting to virtually create the perfect guy... in the form of themselves.

tiltwrestler 0

#98: Like I said, its sometimes possible (on things where its an actual webcam and all that fancy stuff, and you can see them). But, even if it is possible, it takes away from the actual experience. When you guys are old together, there isn't gonna be a "remember that first time we looked into each others eyes, and right then i felt a connection and i started talking to you"..... there will be a "remember when i added you on that dating site?". Its a JOKE! sorry to tell ya. but good luck with your relationship... just in the future, plz be aware that it saps alot of the value out of a relationship when it is either exclusively, or started out, online.

Eh, I've had worse. I met a girl I had known for 2 years who I considered pretty trustworthy. So we met and I asked her to be mine. 2 and half weeks into the relationship she ***** one of my friends and lies about it for a good month.

jheat 0

Well, at least he finally admitted it before you two hung out during the summer, right? I mean what if s/he never and you just kept up with it... I'm sure you gotta people to talk to

this is why you don't meet people on the internet.

yesmy_love 0

sooooo, basically, after knowing "him" for 4 years, you had been planning to meet this "dude" but had never ever spoke on the phone with "him" or seen a legitimate photo of "him" you're awesome. well hey, at least she's finally past the age of consent! yay4you.