By Eternal_Babyface - 08/11/2015 17:14 - United States

Today, I was talking to a friend and bemoaning the fact that my new coworkers keep mixing up my gender. She looked at me critically and said, "Yeah, until you can grow a decent beard, people are going to keep thinking you're an intern or a butch lesbian." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 762
You deserved it 2 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To all the commenters telling him to 'get over it'; if someone called you a woman/man constantly and used he/she to refer to you when you know you are the opposite, you're going to get a bit pissed off, aren't you? Keep your chin up, OP. They'll come around eventually.

Who cares if people mix up your gender. If you're happy with the way you look, I say screw them! If not, change something about yourself and be happy.

Comments

I'm a trans guy, so I know how irritating and upsetting that can be. Try changing your hairstyle or maybe wearing a nametag.

Unless OP's name is a unisex name like Jordan, Jamie, Casey... : But honestly, embrace who you are OP. Words only hurt if you let them. I used to get mad shit all the time about being super short. What I did was I made jokes about my height before others could. Now I have learned to laugh about it and accept it. I know it's not really the same, but what I'm tryna say is whatever your style, whatever traits you've got, just rock it and be proud of it. That way no one can knock you down.

True. I once had a friend who had a set of sticker nametags that included pronouns though. That could work too.

tiger820 20

Just go for a haircut, or get one of the shirts saying your a guy

It's not that bad on the long run OP, when you turn 35 & you still look 25 you'll know what i mean.

CammyGal 26

As a trans guy I definitely feel your pain. Luckily there's a bunch of stuff you can do to look more masculine if you want, but if you're comfortable with the way you look then don't change a thing. Just correct your coworkers until they get it. :)

Wouldn't your name and especially beard/moustache not give you away? If all else fails get a shirt that says I'm a boy...

I have a shirt that says "I'm a boy" and folks still misgender me.

How old are you OP? Hang in there, I know what it feels like to be mocked

I've had people ask me if I'm a boy or a girl when my hair is down. I usually respond with, "Good question." But I'm in the minority of people who are fans of androgyny, so there's no FML for me.

Would have been even funnier if it ended with "I am actually a woman. FML" :-)