By Eternal_Babyface - 08/11/2015 17:14 - United States

Today, I was talking to a friend and bemoaning the fact that my new coworkers keep mixing up my gender. She looked at me critically and said, "Yeah, until you can grow a decent beard, people are going to keep thinking you're an intern or a butch lesbian." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 762
You deserved it 2 317

Same thing different taste

Top comments

To all the commenters telling him to 'get over it'; if someone called you a woman/man constantly and used he/she to refer to you when you know you are the opposite, you're going to get a bit pissed off, aren't you? Keep your chin up, OP. They'll come around eventually.

Who cares if people mix up your gender. If you're happy with the way you look, I say screw them! If not, change something about yourself and be happy.

Comments

I used I get that a lot from older customers. They would call me miss. I didn't understand why but I would just call them sir. One lady got really offended and I told her "you insist on calling me miss when I'm clearly a man so don't dish it if you can't take it." She screamed for my manager and the first thing he said was "yeas sir, how can I help you?" She walked off cursing to herself. Helps to have a cool boss. And a company that give a shit about the employees. Otherwise I would have been more professional.

There's an easy solution to this; next time you come in to work, don't wear trousers.

I feel your pain, OP. Happens to me a lot too, especially when my hair is a bit longer than usual. It sucks, but don't let it bring you down.

I feel you OP. This happens a lot to me too. Stay strong dude.

There are too many comments saying the same thing. "Change your style, blah blah". Really? He has to change the way he looks for other people? **** that. Op, just ignore them, or straight up say you're a male. Your coworkers sound retarded.

When I shaved, I was mistaken all the time for a woman because of my long, gorgeous hair. What did I do? I laughed and corrected them. I didn't get upset or shaken. It's funny! Seriously, if it bothers you that much, some facial hair does help. If it genuinely will not grow out, maybe some minor changes in your lifestyle will help. Namely, diet high in protein and dark vegetables, more sleep, less stress, more physical exertion to stimulate testosterone production... And don't touch it for at least a month for it have a chance to fill out! Everyone wants the world to change, but no one wants to change themselves.

If OP is a transman and is not on HRT then growing a beard is not really possible

Take some pills to make it grow faster OP

This is my life. I had my hair in a braid for a long time and figured that was why I got 'she'd a lot and brushed it off. I buzzed my hair and still get it, just so squishy looking I guess. I get terrible acne if I don't shave a lot so yeah. Have fun messing with people!