By (L) - 13/02/2018 09:00 - United States - Athens

Today, I was studying in my university library when I noticed an attractive boy sitting alone four tables ahead of me. I wrote down my phone number, scrunched it into a ball, and threw it at him. He looked up, opened it, scrunched it up, and threw it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 784
You deserved it 3 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YDI for throwing paper at someone. I wouldn't be happy about that either. Just go over and talk to him. Or go by and but a sheet of paper next to him on the table while passing him if you are to shy. I can totally understand that he didn't appreciate paper being thrown at him!!

Your intent was cute. Your execution was misinterpreted. Better luck next time OP :)

Comments

Throwing a paper note at someone? I didn't know elementary school in the 1990s was making a comeback.

The poor guy was there to study. Leave him alone. And for those thinking he is gay for not wanting her number, he probably is straight but doesn't want to be bothered with it. He is allowed to not go out with someone he isn't interested in.

The OP is a guy, so the problem is more likely to be that the target *isn't* gay.

Okay here are my comments since I’m the OP. 1.) When this happened I just went through a horrific breakup. Was extremely heart broken and just genuinely I’m a sad place. I cried in the bathroom after this incident, but I guess I “deserve” it. 2.) I understand it wasn’t really mature of me to throw the paper at him while he is studying, but I was too shy to approach him. 3.) I’ve never done this before 4.) I didn’t have anything to lose 5.) I was extremely embarrassed 6.) why you guys gotta be so mean?

People are unbearably harsh on this site, I think it's because they don't think of the actual person behind the FML. You know how mean people can be behind a keyboard. I'm sorry & hope you're doing better!

BigBoss 10

don't feel bad. it's better than losing your 500 dollar phone to a virus right after purchase