By insurgent - 03/05/2016 08:31 - Belgium - Antwerpen

Today, I'm so lonely, I wrote my number on a desk at my university, hoping someone would text me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 553
You deserved it 2 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When I was in junior high, I used to write notes on my desk in pencil and then the kid who sat at my desk in the other class would read it, erase it, and write back. This went in for a whole semester and I still have no clue who this kid was.

What's your number, I'll text you :)

Comments

Andrew_bruh21 11
Brightbulb 39

I've been there OP. Some days are tougher then others. I found joining a campus group helped me make some friends. Good luck!

When I was in junior high, I used to write notes on my desk in pencil and then the kid who sat at my desk in the other class would read it, erase it, and write back. This went in for a whole semester and I still have no clue who this kid was.

aesthetic umbrella 18

That's actually really cool....

Some thing like that happened my sophomore year except it was with every person that sat in that desk and by the end of the semester the desk was written all over. The teacher didn't notice until a kid pointed it out.

MamaChey 24

We did that in HS English class with everyone writing on the desk. I was new to the school, so didn't know any of the other kids . One day, one of the dudes actually asked me out by writing on the desk. I said yes without ever laying eyes on him! Luckily, dude wasn't fugly. We dated for several weeks before I found out that he was also writing on desks in his other classes. Evidently, his pick-up maneuver worked so well with me, he decided to repeat it with another hot chick he shared a desk with in History class.

CaroBear 13

Exact same thing happened to me in eighth grade. Never found out who they were. It came at a really good time, because I was the new kid and didn't know anybody. Made my days more fun.

I was doing this for a while this semester, but now the teacher wipes off the desk every day -.-

Ninjerman 7

Sounds like one of those cute, romance movies?

KryssLB 14

By any chance, was that in BC, Canada? Up north? Because I did the exact same thing, ha ha ha. Had a conversation with some kid who sat at the same desk in another class; didn't stop until my teacher spotted me writing on it, ha ha. --Mind you, probably not, because we did it in pen and didn't erase it. Well, until the teacher made me clean it off.

You are doing the right thing by putting yourself out there, I wish you luck in your search, you sound like a caring person

he's not putting himself out there, he's putting his phone out there, theres a big difference. He has to offer something of himself to attract a friend or mate, not just put a number on a desk. He sounds like a chicken to me. OP, talk to people, directly to people, friends dont appear out of no where, you have to engage with someone. So join a group, join a gym, join a club, but dont just expect people to come to you. I wish you all the luck in the world, making friends as an adult is hard, it only gets harder after school so get on it!!

Apparently it's acceptable to ask anonymous people for their number. Expect many nudes, OP. One requirement of being a FML member is passing a creepiness test.

FalloutScrolls 25

You forgot the area code, Jenny.

I was actually listening to that song while reading the comment.

I'm sorry you feel that lonely. However leaving your number in random places might bring more harm than good. You never know who might start texting you.

His desk at the classroom is hardly a random place.

umm yea I'd say a desk at some university that probably has hundreds of students that could be in and out of that class at any given time is fairly random

I'm in high school and I do this daily at every desk I sit at, so far, no one but my mom has texted me:(

Does your mom do substitute teaching in your school??