By anonymous - 22/08/2011 11:04 - Australia

Today, I was stuck in a room with a man who was catching flies. That I could cope with, until he insisted on turning the lights out because it was 'stressing out' his flies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 573
You deserved it 2 389

Same thing different taste

Top comments

And why exactly were you stuck in a room with a guy like that?

Comments

It's a Change (In the House of Flies). That's creepy though.

eminemchick 19
LiveLaughFML 10

cause I'd get a thousand hugs, from ten thousand lightning bugs, as they tried to teach me how to dance :D

Oh, how I love Australia. Too bad in Adelaide we don't have people like that allowed in public.

dropdeadtrollin 0

Stupid post to get first, you mine as well have just said "HERPDERP 1ST OMGLOL I'M AWESOME. " To OP, that story doesn't quite make sense why were you in the same room as a bunch of flies and subsequently in a room with a dude who wants to catch them and make them his slaves?

19 - there are lots of flies in Western Australia, and it can be pretty hard to stop them getting inside.

Hopefully the guy isn't OP's room mate o_e

Tjack_atack 0

I have a feeling that someone who catches flies to keep as pets also might molest people in the dark.

enonymous 8

Daniel San turn off light ... you stress out fly. My chopsticks not that fast.

Sounds like you're in kind of a FLY situatio.. No. Stupid puns are stupid.

maybe he was trying to eat them :/ They're very hard to catch though, props to him!! My friend and I were trying to catch one to observe it under the microscope, but no luck in the whole hr that we were out "hunting them".

fakeaccountX 6

I wonder how you were stuck in a room with him in the first place.

shadexilmaendu 4

Your icon is creepy. Seriously. That things staring into my ******* soul.

Really? I make a deftones reference and get nothing but the person that made the lil corny lighting bug song reference gets all thumbs?? FML

Please dont take this the wrong way But you look better with the light off Better with the lights off Ooooooooo Ooooooooo

juicedboi 7

No life till leather, we are gonna kick some ass tonight, Hit the lights! Hit the lights! m/

You're thirteen. Your opinion on what I look like is irrelevant to me kiddo..

Hey you know what they say: you catch more flies with honey

Not really. Just like a lot of animals they can get stressed out. Fish get stressed when the glass is tapped. Chameleons when they are handled, etc. Maybe he kept flies and wanted them to be healthy

46- those are lyrics to a Chris Brown song. It's all over the radio.

Ah so I just sounded like a twat then?

Oops I did it again.. I played with your heart.. Got lost in the game.. Ooh baby baby

Lol!! But did you switch off the light in the end?

Well... Some ppl are just stupid. Not really FYL but FHL.

cheer4ever96 8

That's a bit awkward. Sorry op, hope you managed. Tho it isn't a fml

kendybendy 6

To be honest i don't see how that's really a fml

And why exactly were you stuck in a room with a guy like that?

That is exactly what I want to know, how the hell do you get in a situation like that?

A little bit of back story will help. OP was at her gynecologist, undergoing an examination. An obscure Australian law states that all such examinations must take in a room with at least one window open (to allow escape in event of a bush fire). Attracted by the smell, several large blowflies had entered the room through the window (there was a flyscreen over window, but it had been badly damaged by a ringtail possum the night before). A sub-clause in that little-known law requires the gynecologist to promptly capture any flies that come in through the open window. I've got no idea why he wanted the lights off though - that's just weird.

i was hoping for a funny ending to that long story...

lukiesmama 0

Is that for real the back story?

Only in Australia do we have me mentals like this.

HelloNoora1 0

in a room, with a man trying to catch flies.

and why are you "stuck" in the room? you are either in prison or can't figure out the mystery of the doorknob? even my cat can open doors to enter or leave a room...