By Mak10 - 10/12/2010 06:53 - United States
Add a comment - Reply to : #
mamamiaaa - maybe the kid has been told before but forgot?? I accidentally put something covered in alfoil in the microwave once - we have a convection oven and at first I was intending to cook the item with the oven function, then changed my mind and set it to microwave, forgetting the food was covered in alfoil :P Fortunately after the first spark I reacted fast enough to turn it off and nothing was destroyed :P I'm not sure whether to say this is YDI or FYL without knowing how old the kid is. If they were 6 or 7 I'd say YDI, but if the kid is 12 or 13 I'd say FYL.
The X-Men comment made me giggle :) And OP, dont forget Pop Tarts. I microwaved a Pop Tart YEARS ago leaving it laying on the wrapper. I heard a buzz and the wrapper disappeared and my Pop Tart was ruined :(
It's not about how smart the kid is, it's about how dumb you are for not telling him what he should not put in the microwave. YDI.
Agreed. I remember the first time I found out you don't put metal in the microwave. I think I was six. I was trying to make tea, and so I put water into our tiny metal teapot. There were purple lights, and I thought it was really cool and pretty until my mom freaked out. OP, your child isn't dumb; you are for not informing them on how to use a microwave properly.