100
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments

It's not about how smart the kid is, it's about how dumb you are for not telling him what he should not put in the microwave. YDI.

Expecting a kid to know to not put metal in a microwave without being told is like expecting anti-obesity groups to blame parents rather than McDonalds for child obesity.

Comments
Reply

well it doesn't matter I mean if you're going to tell a child that but not teach them how to use it properly at least once then YDI.

Reply

if you let morons like the op reproduce, you need to make sure they're smart enough not to kill their offspring

Reply

I put a "puts metal in microwave then turns on" 150 thermonometer in the microwave before, good thang I learned my lesson.

Reply

haha i remember when i was small i put a pipe in the microwave beause my dad was working on piping in the garage and i wanted the pipe to be warm so we gat warm watter. haha i think i was six or something. haha

Reply

mamamiaaa - maybe the kid has been told before but forgot?? I accidentally put something covered in alfoil in the microwave once - we have a convection oven and at first I was intending to cook the item with the oven function, then changed my mind and set it to microwave, forgetting the food was covered in alfoil :P Fortunately after the first spark I reacted fast enough to turn it off and nothing was destroyed :P I'm not sure whether to say this is YDI or FYL without knowing how old the kid

Reply

No, it wouldn't be a microwave oven anymore. Microwaves use dielectric heating which by nature isn't too compatible with metals due to them being conducting =)

Reply

I they're just learning to use a microwave, they had better three-five. When I was five, I was making my own microwave scrambled eggs for breakfast. So hopefully they aren't six or seven.

Reply

When I was eight, I put my spoon in my soup bowl because I thought "then its less work putting it back in after " one freaked out mother and a broken microwave later, I realize that might not of been such a good idea.

Reply

whoisthisgirl - uhhh.... "old" has nothing to do with it... you shouldn't put metal in a microwave! While newer microwaves might not get *ruined* by it, it's still a hazard and can create sparks and stuff.

Reply

WTF kinda sentence is that? It looks like you craped out a mix of words and said eff it, it looks great the way it is. You sir, fail at creating sentences. @4

Expecting a kid to know to not put metal in a microwave without being told is like expecting anti-obesity groups to blame parents rather than McDonalds for child obesity.

The X-Men comment made me giggle :) And OP, dont forget Pop Tarts. I microwaved a Pop Tart YEARS ago leaving it laying on the wrapper. I heard a buzz and the wrapper disappeared and my Pop Tart was ruined :(

Reply

Agreed. OP, that's definitely a parenting fail. Kids aren't born with this sort of knowledge. It's actually your job as a parent to teach them.

Reply

Agreed. I remember the first time I found out you don't put metal in the microwave. I think I was six. I was trying to make tea, and so I put water into our tiny metal teapot. There were purple lights, and I thought it was really cool and pretty until my mom freaked out. OP, your child isn't dumb; you are for not informing them on how to use a microwave properly.

Reply

I've never put metal in the microwave, but I did try plastic... it exploded and ruined my corn flakes. o.O

Reply

I put corn flakes (or any kind of cereal for that matter) in the microwave. I put in a little milk, put the bowl in for 30-60 seconds, and when it is done, it's all mushy and warm, which makes a nice breakfast on a cold day. :)

Loading data…