By Anonymous - 27/03/2014 23:03 - Canada - Sackville

Today, I was sitting in the coffee shop where my boyfriend and I used to go before he broke up with me about a week ago. I was missing him and wishing he was there, when all of a sudden this 14-year-old kid comes up to me and says, "He's not coming, you may as well go home." FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 645
You deserved it 6 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Did you see this kid before? Like did he work there and might have seen you two together? Or was he just some punk who thought it would be funny to say and it turned out to be a strange coincidence....?

Wise words. That kid is gonna grow up to be a wise monk. Time to move on..

Comments

unwantedforlife 14

This has happened a few times to some friends. It's a joke for kids to walk up to people who are sitting alone because there's a chance they are waiting for someone

Oh dear. Hang on. Try to keep yourself busy and don't forget to wear a smile. As for the boy; be glad he noticed your distress.

This is why kids suck. Love em to death, but they suck SO much.

I know it hurts, but maybe you should go somewhere else until the pain has dissipated somewhat. He broke up with you and is probably moving on; you should do the same.

Or maybe he already moved on. It took me all of one day to get over my ex of several years after I dumped him, mostly because he was a huge jackass and I'd already rehearsed our parting in my head so many times. Either way, you're right. Even if the ex hasn't fully processed the breakup, there was a reason he broke up with her, probably a good one or we'd have seen a previous FML from OP. She definitely needs a change in routine until the loss isn't as fresh.

It still hurts me to listen to anything by Red Hot Chili Peppers, just because my first boyfriend was so into their music. Of course, I'd never consider going back to my first boyfriend, and I've completely lost all interest in the guy, but I still can't bring myself to listen to that particular band. Sometimes, things like that can't be forgotten (in this case, avoiding this coffee shop would be good for OP); maybe OP could avoid coffee shops altogether until the stinging subsides, or she could find a good tea shop, instead.

Lol the universe knows how to screw with people

kiraleann 16

Don't you just love little asshole kids?

That boy has a good memory...knows faces well... Perhaps return with your new boyfriend or find a different coffee shop...

salamander461 11

I like this quote op: "Just because you miss someone doesn't mean you need them back in your life. Missing is just a part of moving on." I know your heart hurts right now, but every day will get a little better. Don't let someone be your priority when you are just his option.

Good advice from the boy, yes. But it didn't had to be delivered from him, especially if he didn't know OP - then it's just harsh and rude.

That kid has some serious deduction skills