By anonymous - 26/06/2016 20:18 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I was sick, so I went into work to see if I could get my shift covered, instead of just calling in. I ended up working an extra hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 601
You deserved it 3 365

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No offense, but if your boss/employer sees you come into the store to report you are too sick to come in and work, you are ******.

See? You're a tough cookie. Plus, you got the money for your shift.

Comments

If I was your boss and you came in to work to tell me you were too sick to work, I wouldn't have accepted it either :) hope you feel better OP!

Unfortunately, sometimes that has to be done. I had to drag myself to work with the flu because the manager didn't believe me when I called.

Really? That sucks. I've never experienced that with any of my bosses. People like that shouldn't be in charge of things.

Why would you go in? You're obviously not that sick in your employers eyes, if you can go in and then say you are too ill to do anything. Always call!

You dug your own grave with that one

CliffyB03 28

I feel your pain. I'm one of those people that would rather talk to you face to face instead of over the phone no matter how sick I feel

You can't be like that when you're sick if you really need that day off to get better. You need to call in otherwise your boss is going to wonder why you're there if you're supposedly too sick to be there. They're not going to let you leave if you come to work just to say you can't work.

insecurewife07 3

Also, if you're really sick, the most important part is not going in and spreading all of your germs. Going in to say you can't come because you're sick is selfish and idiotic.

Mysterybounty 6

Call in, they cannot make you come in if you are sick.

YDI if you're well enough to come in and ask for time off they're gonna assume you're well enough to work

And if they call in the boss is going to be like "I don't believe you, I need to see you being sick for myself!"

Mortoli 30

lol a girl at my job came in to grab her cell charger to call in to work then left after she grabbed it was her time to work lmao

I understand that your intentions were good, OP. You wanted to let them know in advance and give a good impression, blah blah blah. But if you come into work to say that you're too sick to work, then they'll just assume you're lying, since you already made the effort to show up. Next time, you should call instead.

graphicstyle7 17

Don't EVER show up in person to say you're too sick. Unless you have cancer. Don't you know bosses say to themselves "If they can walk, stand, and move, they are not too sick to work!".