By anonymous - 26/06/2016 20:18 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I was sick, so I went into work to see if I could get my shift covered, instead of just calling in. I ended up working an extra hour. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 605
You deserved it 3 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No offense, but if your boss/employer sees you come into the store to report you are too sick to come in and work, you are ******.

See? You're a tough cookie. Plus, you got the money for your shift.

Comments

No offense, but if your boss/employer sees you come into the store to report you are too sick to come in and work, you are ******.

See? You're a tough cookie. Plus, you got the money for your shift.

Mathalamus 24

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
mariri9206 32

Where did it say they're a food employee? Also, if it's, like, the flu, a lot of food employees still go into work because they only get paid half of minimum wage and, basically, live on their tips and they can't afford to miss out on those. If you're a food employee and have thrown up or had diarrhea multiple times in the past couple of days, you can't come to work without having shown no symptoms for, at least, 2 or 3 days and you need a clean bill of health from a doctor and I think that's what you're thinking off.

I was just assuming since he said he picked up an extra hour shift

Regardless of whether it was a food service job, you are putting your coworkers at risk by coming into work sick.

There are countless other jobs where people work in shifts that people could end up with an extra hour that also don't involve food; retail, for example.

that's how you increase your potential

As well as your employers' expectations of you.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Get well soon OP.

Atleast you got paid and saved a sick day!

Good on you for having the decency to try and arrange cover but people that are too nice tend to get walked over in life

Its a little ironic and, frankly, idiotic that you would go into work, only to say that you cant come in. It sucks that you're sick OP, but I'd say YDI.