By clumsyandpoor - 03/12/2014 04:05 - United States - Watertown

Today, I was short on money for bills, so I pulled out my alto saxophone, knowing that no matter how much I loved it, I'd be able pay my rent with the money. As I pulled it out of its case, the neck strap broke and I dropped it, breaking the bell beyond repair. Now I'm poor AND depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 682
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When life hands you lemons, don't just stand there and take it!!! Demand to see life's boss and chuck it at his face!!! Build combustible lemons and make life regret the day it decided to hand you lemons!!

Comments

When life hands you lemons, don't just stand there and take it!!! Demand to see life's boss and chuck it at his face!!! Build combustible lemons and make life regret the day it decided to hand you lemons!!

I'm going to have my engineers invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!!

I'm sorry, but you have to answer in question format. Such as, "What is a quote from Portal 2."

Are people that specific about the format of comments?

__GLaDOS__ 5

Cave Johnson would approve of this comment.... RIP, sir.

I'm sorry but dems the rules. Join us next time on "Replying to FML Comments As If They Were Trivia Quiz Questions," with Wildjaw

incoherentrmblr 21

Plot twist: Gets Trolled by Kenny G in the aftermath...

Eek, that sounds like my life in one scenario. Things will get better, OP. Patience is a virtue.

PresidentNorth 16

don't think I've seen someone use the word eek before. Isn't that the sound you make when a spider makes its move to ruin your life by running across the floor inciting pure terror.

Well, that was hilarious. Sorry that my using "eek" made you uncomfortable, but now you're desensitized. It won't bother you next time.

That's terrible. I hope things get better.

on one hand, I feel bad. however, as a fellow saxophone player, you should never lift a sax by the neck strap. you should also never have the neck strap attached to the sax while it's in the case. it's really bad for some of the keys. Bends them to hell after a long enough time. I'd say OP deserves it for being reckless.

I was thinking the same thing. It sounds as if OP was being careless and if it was handled properly, I don't think there would be a problem. Though, it is still depressing...

Is there no way to fix it at all?? Like can't you see someone? Anyway, hopefully life will end up turning for the better :)

You never know, someone could be generous enough to offer a fix without a charge

TanzWolf 26

Sadly, the world doesn't work like that.

jazzy_123 20

I'm pretty sure fixing a sax will be quite expensive and doubt someone with the skills and knowledge will pass up that kind of money.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

If it's someone's business to fix instruments, it would be stupid to repair OP's for free. I could see giving a small discount, but it wouldn't be very smart to do it for free unless it's a close friend of OP. :)

That made me sad. Is there a friend or family member you can get a loan from?

Never let money come between friends, let alone family.

That's true but sometimes things get a bit desperate and you have no choice.

Yeah sometimes life sucks. It may not get better either.

Awww I sincerely hope things get better for you. Maybe you could reach out on one of those facebook groups with people buying and swapping things and explain that you don't have much money to offer but would really love if someone could fix it. Who knows, the right person could see it and you might get lucky. Good luck to you, OP!

That sucks OP! Just stay positive, life has a way of turning things around for those in need :)

As a sax player myself I hope your situation gets better and you get another sax in the future