By clumsyandpoor - 03/12/2014 04:05 - United States - Watertown

Today, I was short on money for bills, so I pulled out my alto saxophone, knowing that no matter how much I loved it, I'd be able pay my rent with the money. As I pulled it out of its case, the neck strap broke and I dropped it, breaking the bell beyond repair. Now I'm poor AND depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 682
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When life hands you lemons, don't just stand there and take it!!! Demand to see life's boss and chuck it at his face!!! Build combustible lemons and make life regret the day it decided to hand you lemons!!

Comments

ouch I'm sorry op): try getting a loan );

Oh, suuuure! Let's all take the Loanbus to Loansville and loan our way to a loaner who will magically loan us everything we could possibly need! You need collateral to take out a loan. That sax was it. Title loans are infamous for being just short of predatory, if OP even has a car. Unlikely he owns his own house for a mortgage, either.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Taking a loan out against your house or land is the stupidest thing you can do, even if you're desperate. Because what happens if you can't pay it back? Well, now you're homeless.

SharnaaaBanana 22

Hey, Honestly look at it as a good thing, It's broken but at least you still get to keep it now, even for the memories associated with it. I use to have a necklace which meant so much to me, but it broke. It was disappointing but it's not as though it entirely went missing, so instead I've put it away somewhere safe and can still enjoy it even if it's not in the same condition as before :)

Try saying that in another twenty years. Sentimentality don't pay the bills, honeybun.

Leg_A_Sea 4

BROKE, not poor. Poor is simply a state of mind.

You're right! And if OP just believes in herself and changes her state of mind, she'll just magically stop being poor and money shall fall from the sky!

Poor saxophone! I hope it wasn't a vintage one!

Why would you take it out by the neck strap? I'd never lift my guitar out of the case by the strap, I don't understand why you would lift or carry any instrument by anything but the body of said instrument. However I do feel very sorry for op as now you've got no rent and no beautiful music to play - but maybe next time be more careful with things that you treasure!

Doesn't matter, had sax... Yeah, I know, the door is right there. I'll see myself out.

The top part of your comment got +1 The bottom part got -2

If it was that important you wouldn't have held it by just its neck strap.

Well that would make me feel in Dumps, hope you find a way to fix your Money And Saxxy Issues :)