By clumsyandpoor - 03/12/2014 04:05 - United States - Watertown

Today, I was short on money for bills, so I pulled out my alto saxophone, knowing that no matter how much I loved it, I'd be able pay my rent with the money. As I pulled it out of its case, the neck strap broke and I dropped it, breaking the bell beyond repair. Now I'm poor AND depressed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 682
You deserved it 3 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

When life hands you lemons, don't just stand there and take it!!! Demand to see life's boss and chuck it at his face!!! Build combustible lemons and make life regret the day it decided to hand you lemons!!

Comments

So. You would have sold your sax for this months' bills... and then what? What would you need to sell next month? You have an income problem, deary. Not a money problem. :( (That are different)

Hiimhaileypotter 52

"That are different"? Glad we have your clearly expert opinion on the matter. It's still " money" problems. If you don't have enough money, I'd say that's a problem.

"They" are different. Sorry. I could have a million dollars and have no income. And I could make a million dollars and spend it all and be broke. Yes. I am an expert but, I guess advice isn't wanted when it isn't puppies.

Well you could still sell it...a music shop would buy it for lower than you expected unfortunately...

I play alto too, I can't even imagine how much that sucks! I would cry if that happened to my Max (the sax)

you could've played on the street for money if it hadn't broke? maybe it knew you were gonna sell it?

It's okay OP, think of it as a sign to never give away the things you love. Financial problems are extremely crippling, and never the least bit fun, but maybe those objects so cherished will bring you peace in these tough times. In my opinion, escaping a late bill payment wouldn't mean as much to me as giving away something of emotional value (I realize the large consequences for missing bills, but it's just my belief). Maybe you could get good news if you took it to the right place, who knows? It will get better OP. Promise.

Honestly, that's a YDI if you're pulling your instrument out of its case by the neck strap. :/