By Anonymous - 03/06/2009 04:34 - United States

Today, I was riding on my bike when a guy on the street shouted, "I LOVE YOU!" at me. I recently told my boyfriend I loved him, and his response was, "I don't love you but I won't treat you any differently." Perverts on the street love me, but my boyfriend doesn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 625
You deserved it 5 579

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mehwhateverr 0

The person on the street was just a random crazy and your boyfriend doesn't have to love you. In fact, what bothers me the most is when people say "I love you" just because they're in a relationship... even if they aren't really in love. #1, her boyfriend isn't an ass for telling the truth. AND he said he won't treat her any differently. He sounds like a gem.

crownme 0

Wow your bf is a genius, that's the perfect reponse!

Comments

If your boyfriend doesn't love you then he isn't your boyfriend, if he doesn't love you and he hasn't broken up with you there are two possibilities, a: he's using you for sex, b: he's afraid you'll hurt him or yourself if he does. If I were you I'd leave him or leave him alone

RNCftw 0

...if you really believe that last sentence you wrote you are an idiot.

Do I really have to say something here... First of all, maybe the girl here is a bit dramatic, but she does have the right to admit it hurts. Couples will always have problems and it's up to them to face them and get over it if they are both on the same page. I was once told that, "maybe we give definition to things that we don't deserve to give definition to". I believe love is one of those words that is magical, and at the same time, destructive. It's the epitome of the word, "awesome" To be over the top here, hate exists because of love and vice versa, so of course the girlfriend is going to be upset when she admits her love for him (which I don't truly believe IS love from the sounds of this FML) and he tells her truthfully, as himself (but fairly brutally in some people's opinions). The guy on the street, seriously? It's just sad to be honest. It's sad that people get so down that they can find any excuse to try and be happy. Pathetic, but necessary.

weimgal 0

The first time I told my now ex-boyfriend I loved him he said, "I know"......

I'm sorry that really sucks. But maybe he's just trying to figure it out ya kno? But if not, DUMP HIM. FAST. RAPIDO!

moonlit_manga 0

If the feelings between you and your " boyfriend" not on the same page then he's not your boyfriend really. (that's what I think) as for the other dude...hey sure he's creepy but it was still a nice jesture. :) you'll live. --fox

haha I wouldn't think of it that way :p

So telling someone you don't know that you love that person makes you a pervert? I don't know, but pervert has a whole different definition where I live.