By Noname - 16/03/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I was rejected from the University of Washington. My dad has been a professor there for 30 years, and is on the board of admissions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439 372
You deserved it 103 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vonstrangle 0

That must be equally embarrassing for him.

Obviously you assumed you could just get in because your daddy works there and probably didn't try to do well in high school. Your loss.

Comments

FML_2x_w_a_brick 0

Thats why you didnt get accepted its probably school policy you cant pull in family, kinda like dating professors

Whoever says they wouldn't be upset and/or pissed off if they were in the OP's exact situation is a bigfatliar. My dad having worked at many universities and colleges along the East Coast, and a dean or administrator at most of them, I could have gone to every single one of those schools if I wanted to. School administrations are ALL about politics. If your parent works at a school and is well-liked and has friends in certain positions or on certain boards with power, you would be accepted.

I go to the University of Washington. Don't expect a free ride, its you're fault. Work hard and transfer if you want it so bad.

In my opinion it is FML only when your father would have voted against you, rejected you. But nevertheless, what a pity.

YOU ARE THE REASON WHY HARDER WORKING PEOPLE LOSE OUT

That sux good luck geeting into another btw I'd go on strike with ur dad If I was u

guitar_love_3994 0

did you honestly expect your daddy to get you into college? stop ******* complaining.

I might go there when im older :D but dude wow thats pretty bad. did you talk to him about it?