By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 075
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

I used to have VERY hairy legs and arms... I now shave them every week. If I don't, it will grow back in less than 3 days. My family is naturally hairy, and has been for generations. I get where you're coming from.

Mikex125 7

Lol its not for safety it's because hair could stop the ink from going in right

It's standard practice... No matter if your back is already smoother than a baby's butt for the area to be prepared for the ink... The hair can mess it up. I'm a girl and they shaved the area on my back and my hip. Get over it. You're not special. This FML fails.

Uh,she didn't say it was in her lower back asshole.

go_getem 0

you have to shave no matter where your getting a tattoo. even if it doesnt look like there is any hair..i had to shave my wrist.

ashleeee 0

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo maybe she has a hairy back like above average hairy ! hey man FYL!

will they make you shave if you get a tattoo on your fingertips?

A good shop will try to talk you out of tattooing your fingers since it will fall out anyway. And no, you do not have to shave your fingertips. It's one of the few places on the human body that is absolutely hair free.

okay? i had my ribs shaved yesterday in preparation for a tattoo, that doesn't mean i have hairy ribs. not only does shaving the tattoo site remove any hair, it also gets rid of dead skin and prepares the area to be tattooed. i don't know why you would be instructed to do it yourself, however, as every artist i've ever been to or seen work has shaved the area themselves before beginning the tattoo.

Agreed. I've never heard of someone getting a tattoo and having to shave themselves beforehand. The artist does it themselves. Besides, what if you just walk in off the street and decide that you want one right now. The artist isn't going to send you home and demand that you go shave yourself.

WitchCirce 0

Very few tattoo parlors that are any good will do walk-in tattoos without some level of ire. Usually you have to make an appointment. I shaved my legs myself the morning of when I got my tattoo, but I'm sure if I'd shown up with stubble the artist would have shaved me herself.

jollyjam1 2

You are about to have you skin injected with ink, its permanent (and ugly) and your complaining about shaving? Are you a pris?

srscrs 0

I think many tattoo artists will have you shave most areas prior to tattooing them, whether they're hairy places or not. YDI for being an idiot.