By screwed - 29/05/2009 23:21 - United States

Today, I was hit by a truck while walking to school. It was the driver's fault as I was in a crosswalk. My parents met me at the hospital where I had minor injuries. They began discussing what the insurance money would be spent on. They decided on a second honeymoon to Las Vegas. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 839
You deserved it 3 030

Same thing different taste

Top comments

RighteousDiego 0

You know, even if you're a minor (guessing here), you CAN sue your parents if they use the money for anything that isn't used DIRECTLY for your own well-being.

Awww...they really love you. Now you have no reason to spend any hard earned money you make later in life on them! 8D

Comments

fantome_fml 0

#11 if the OP is still under the parents insurance policy then the parents (who control the policy) get the money. It's not a lawsuit settlement it's the insurance money that should be spend on the medical bills. And not everyone lives in new york

Shrirke 0

wow...if I were you, I wouldn't really show them ANY respect anymore, follow ANY of their rules, nada. they just lost all entitlement to that... I'm sorry :(

#14 - Please stop. This isn't YouTube or something. Gah, I hate spam.

Dude, Thats so messed up id shoot those douchers!

I seriously don't see what the big deal is. They obviously first saw that you're okay. And since you were on your way to school, chances are, they're the ones paying the insurance. I'm not sure how it works in the states, but at least they're responsible enough to plan ahead and buy you insurance in the first place. And who knows, maybe they'll get you a separate hotel room while in Vegas. Yeeesh.

#18 - If the OP lived in the United States, the parents wouldn't need a passport.

Greedy. o.o I hope you did make it clear that they're not going. It's your money.

No Nyuu, it is not his money. It's not settlement money people, it's insurance, ergo very likely NOT HIS! You decide who gets the money (beneficiary) when the insurance contract is signed. You don't suppose that the people paying the insurance gave themselves the benefit of getting that money back? Now, if he's left wanting medical care while his parents are out in Vegas doing god knows what ... that's a pretty solid case for child abuse, but in between living under their care forn another couple of years and only having minor injuries, I see no foul.

locustplague 0

Care to explain why his parents would've been paying for the insurance of the driver of the truck which hit their son? In the off chance that this is really their own medical insurance they're cashing out on the least they could do is take a family vacation.

#14 / 20 We all realize that you are a ***** that is willing to take off your clothes for free in front of millions of strangers on the internet. If you want to advertize it, go to youtube or something.

I would have to agree with #3, because it sounds like if they're already dicks like that then they wouldn't care if you talked to them about it. But on the bright side you should no longer feel guilty or obligated about spending money on them when your older.