Enough is enough

By Rachaael - 19/01/2023 02:00

Today, I fell asleep at my boyfriend’s house and missed my curfew. It’s almost 4 a.m. Scrambling, I arrived home to find the locks changed. On the door knob was a note: “Go live with your boyfriend, you slut. See if he cooks and cleans up after you. I’ll help you move out your stuff in the morning. - Mom” FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 863
You deserved it 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Illegal eviction. Take a photo of the note and bring the original to the police. They'll force her to let you back in - if you choose to continue living there - or she could be arrested. If you're a minor, she also could possibly be charged with child abandonment.

I wouldn't want to accuse someone of lying on the internet but if you're not, I'm impressed that your mom was able to get the locks changed AFTER your curfew passed.

Comments

I wouldn't want to accuse someone of lying on the internet but if you're not, I'm impressed that your mom was able to get the locks changed AFTER your curfew passed.

She could have switched out the knobs herself. It’s not hard; I’ve done it, and I’m not exactly Bob Vila.

True, but that would mean she'd had the new deadbolts on hand and ready to swap out the instant her kid 'stepped out of line' which is honestly scary. :/

But the fact Mom had a fresh set of locks for all the doors is key here. If Mom did have them ready, it implies that there have been recurrences of this curfew breaking or other arguments/discussions which OP is not fessing up to. There is more to the story here. OPs age is a big part of it.

But you'd have to have them already purchased and ready to put in. For ALL the doors.

Only thing I can think of is, some Parents, if they are controlling enough, will give their child one key, that works on one door, the front, so they can't 'sneak in' or other stuff.

losteastcoaster 7

If momma ain’t happy, ain’t nobody gonna be happy! God love’er she keeps spare knobs and deadbolt’s for those special occasions…..

Illegal eviction. Take a photo of the note and bring the original to the police. They'll force her to let you back in - if you choose to continue living there - or she could be arrested. If you're a minor, she also could possibly be charged with child abandonment.

I wonder what mom's goal is here. Is it just about control or is something else at play?