By Tom_why - 23/05/2009 19:27 - United Kingdom

Today, I was helping some mental health patients at work, I spent 20 mins to fail to connect the DVD player to the TV and went back to make them something to eat. I came back into the room after 5 mins and one of the patients had connected it for himself. He has a profound learning disability. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 323
You deserved it 24 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your giving them way too little credit. They are humans like you and me after all.

Comments

Just because someone has a learning disability, doesn’t mean they can’t perform the simple task of connecting cables.YDI ....The DVD player is connected to the something. The something's connected to the red thing. The red thing's connected to my wrist watch... Uh oh.

They're human just like you, and just because they have a learning disability doesn't mean they can't do anything. A lot of people with learning disabilities are actually really smart, but people are so quick to judge them.

Laura1234_fml 0

i totally agree with numbers 6, 9, 11, and 23. people who have a learning disability are not stupid at all. they just need to learn in a different way thats all. i dont think you should be working with people with learning disabilities if you are so judgemental and unaware about the topic..

belgianwaffozz 0
Futt_Buck 0

He probably just got lucky =P

ohschmoley 0

Just because he has a learning disability doesn't meant he's a complete idiot. OP should be excited/happy that he, despite his disability, did it.

Havent ANY of you considered shes colour blind? i meen.. HOW DO YOU know your not? what if you see red and say blue, for example..

I'm pretty sure (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that color blindness doesn't work that way....