By Anonymous - 15/08/2012 23:58 - Australia

Today, I was hanging out with my brother and his friends. While we were walking to the store, there was a loud snap. Everyone jumped. My bra had snapped, and I had to hold back tears of pain and pretend I was just as confused as they were, while they searched for the source of the sound. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 548
You deserved it 3 002

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhDearBetrayal 25

That shouldn't happen if you were wearing the right type of bra. Maybe it's time for you to go up a size.. Or two ? :-)

Comments

Yikes OP, I know how painful it is just to have a strap snapped back, I don't even want to imagine it snapping and breaking. At least they didn't know the noise came from you though, that just would've added to the the awkwardness/embarrassment. A few years ago when my family and I were trying out mattresses in a furniture store, my bra broke and I had to sorta hold it in place while still having a conversation with the salesman about which mattress I found the most comfortable. It wasn't an enjoyable experience to say the least.

You should've clutched your chest like you were shot, then looked down & said "they missed"

carminecris89 13

I agree. Mine has snapped before and I never felt much, aside from the mild irritation of having to fix it.

Either your bra was an old bra, you were wearing it too tight or it was a size too small. You should have at least felt discomfort from your bra strap being too tight around you to make you want to loosen it. If you couldn't loosen it, you should've worn a different bra or have gone bra shopping beforehand if you knew your bras weren't fitting properly anymore. Things may be tough at the moment but you still need to look after your boobies!

JOcoco 14

One of your brother's friends has skills.

carminecris89 13

This couldn't be more of a non issue. I've had it happen before and it's irritating but barely painful. Saying that you had to hold back tears of pain is a bit much. There's nothing wrong with saying that your bra broke so you'll need to go to the nearest bathroom to fix it.

ByronJess 17

And how exactly do you know how much pain OP felt? We all have different pain tolerances, just because the way your bra broke didn't hurt you doesn't mean, in any way, that OP DIDN'T experience pain that made her want to cry.

carminecris89 13

43 True, but it seems more believable that she's OVERREACTING...not unlike you.

On the other hand, 43, we all compare things to our own experiences. If someone posted "Today, I got bitten by a mosquito. The pain of the bite was so bad that I fainted and my mom had to take me to the hospital. FML" I'm sure most people would tell the OP to suck it up. Unless OP's bra was so ridiculously tight that she even had trouble breathing, I don't see how this could hurt bad enough to bring tears to anyone's eyes, taking into account even the lowest of pain tolerances.

DollyDope 17

34- I couldn't agree more. This seems like the whining of a painfully shy, hormone flooded, barely pubescent brat. Too harsh? Oh well. OP needs to get a backbone

Reminds me when the rubber bands used to pop in my mouth when I had braces