By thisrllysucks - 05/09/2009 14:16 - United States

Today, I was going to ask this girl I love to homecoming. I set up a scavenger hunt, and my friend led her through it. At the end of the scavenger hunt I had a note that said, "Homecoming?" She said yes and hugged my friend. When I told her it was me who was asking, she laughed and said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 693
You deserved it 10 648

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have just asked her instead of doing a scavenger hunt. And you should have led her on the hunt yourself at least. YDI

Ugh that's harsh. I'm sorry that happened.

Comments

lolbethanyxx 0

Aww. Probably shoulda been more confident that she'd say yes, though. Cause I mean... DUDE.... she laughed.

Why would you set up like something like that, but ask another guy to lead her through it? That's totally misleading.

Lol he wanted to be romantic. But it looks like him asking her out is out of the question now. And yeah you guys are retarded for "loving" someone without knowing them ___________________________ www.myspace.com/rapid99

Next time you'll know not to do all the work just to have your friend take all the credit.

rihannalover 0

it is a good idea. and seriously, you guys dont know if they're friends or not, you have no right to say he cant love her. romeo didnt know juliet, but they loved each other more than anything. anythings possible. keep n open mind.

Romeo and Juliet were also fictional, not to mention hormonal, overdramatic teenagers.

palmtrees 1
redblueviolet 0

Right, #70. I had to read Romeo and Juliet last year in school and I'd always thought Romeo was this strong, superhero dude and his and Juliet's relationship was real love because I didn't know much about it. Then I read it and realized that A. Romeo was a paranoid, impulsive wimp, and B. They decided they loved each other almost immediately, decided to get married mere HOURS after they met, and killed themselves over each other less than a week later. XD

Sorry fun fact to add on to your point. Juliet's the one who suggest getting married, I believe mostly to avoid getting married to Paris.

Plus Romeo was a pussy who let his friends fight his fights and get killed just like this guy asks his friends to lead his crushes through his own scavenger hunts.

Holy shit I love you guys. Anyone who uses Romeo and Juliet, a FICTIONAL PLAY, as some sort of legit source for what love is needs to be shot in the head. Not even that great of a story; I much preferred Julius Caesar. However I did think the hunt was a good idea (see 103) and I do say "you can't really define love" (104) But that's not the point I'm here to make in THIS post. Citing a play, fictional characters in them, and such, is just an idiotic move, period, especially when it can be so easily, EASILY ripped apart and used against you.

TEAZO 0

that blows kinda reminds me of a movie tho. i think it was slackers.

zee209 0

Jeez. All you people calling the girl a bitch, lighten up. Yeah, it was a little mean that she laughed in his face. But if she doesn't like him, she doesn't like him! She can't force herself to like him. And of course she thought it was his friend asking, since he LED her through the whole thing! OP, YDI. You 'love' her? I seriously doubt that. You're probably in high school, since it's homecoming. Sorry to break it to you, but you don't love her, and high school romance very rarely ever lasts anyway.

That's very negative of you, I know a lot of people who married their highschol sweethearts.

zee209 0

I'm not being negative, I'm just speaking the truth.

Why have your friend lead her through it? And why use a scavenger hunt to ask her?