By ShadowReiku - 02/12/2014 04:41 - United States - Odenton

Today, I discovered that the reason the phone I've had for a year takes such terrible and cloudy pictures is because I never took the plastic coating off the lens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 719
You deserved it 36 093

fishyrael tells us more.

Yeah haha I did feel pretty silly. My phone is one of those old ones that you flip open and it has a keyboard, so to my memory the inner screen didn't have a protector. The one over the camera was very flush to the lens so it didn't bubble or anything and looked perfectly normal, I thought it was just a shit camera since it was an old model of phone. I wouldn't have found it if my nail hadn't caught the corner when I was putting it in my pocket and pulled it up some. The worst part was as #3 said, since it was actually my birthday party and my boyfriend and all my family were there to witness the look of stunned realization on my face, followed by my announcement that I was, in fact, an idiot. Oh well, at least I have a decent camera now!

Top comments

I find that there's nothing more satisfying than pulling the plastic off the glass for the first time! YDI For not doing that immediately OP haha.

You didn't once think to clean the lense and realize there was plastic on it?

Comments

I find that there's nothing more satisfying than pulling the plastic off the glass for the first time! YDI For not doing that immediately OP haha.

I pulled the plastic off the cover of my new phone when I first got it but it took me a few days to realize that I also had a small plastic square covering just the camera lens that was located on the opposite side of my phone screen.

It's clear that you need to laugh it off now, focus on the positive that you now have at least a decent camera and have a years worth of happy snaps to catch up on and share with the world.

You didn't once think to clean the lense and realize there was plastic on it?

I'm not OP, but after reading this FML i checked my phone camera.... sure enough, it was there. i have cleaned my phone inside and out and i just saw it because i was looking hard for it. I'm nearsighted, don't judge! lol but yeah, i had to bring my phone up to my nose to be able to see it. I feel for OP and i hope my phone takes better pictures now. :P

I bet the worst part is now having to explain it to all your friends that you had told your camera was shitty. YDI

"I frigged with the settings and fixed it. I'm a genius!" is what I would say

taylorzgoines 16

Same thing happened to me! but it was only a month...

There is no cure for stupid sometimes. it happens to the best of us...

xxreikoxx 31

If by "all" you mean yourself, #9, then sure...no. Some of us are definitely more observant than OP.

At times I wish they had made those a different color so you know that they are there...but that's one of the best things about buying something new

My washer and dryer had blue film over the control panels. I didn't know it was there until one of them was scratched during a move. Five years after I bought them. I thought they were suppose to be blue!

#55 same with a part of my mom's computer, she didn't know it was just a plastic film until i peeled it off for her