By dumbluck - 16/03/2011 06:54 - United States

Today, I was driving in stop and go traffic and passed two accidents in the process. I got nervous and decided to change routes to avoid getting hit. As I was trying to find an alternative route on my GPS, I rear-ended the car in front of me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 315
You deserved it 56 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Idiots like you contribute to the traffic problems. Don't drive.

ulicksam 0

Your name should be dumbfuck, not dumbluck.

Comments

catkat1988 17

That is why electronic equipment such as phones and GPSes aren't necessarily God's gift to safe driving. Phones are obvious, and for the same reason hand-held cell phones and prohibited while driving in Denmark (where I'm from). But fiddling with your GPS while you should be paying attention to the road can potentially be equally dangerous. That being said, it's human to screw up while driving. My theory is that the human brain really isn't wired for high desity trafic situations (too many elements to pay attention to) or high speed situations (things happen too fast, and the vehicle travels too fast, making the brain's reaction time fairly long compared to the speed you're going at).

That1TallK1d 0

That's the reason why you don't mess with GPSs while you're driving if you really have to just pull over. Same thing with using your phone while driving.

RedPillSucks 31

Agree w/ #24. Mine clearly states not to operate while the car is in motion. Would it have been so hard to pull over for the minute it would have taken to find a new route? You were already in stop-and-go traffic, so you're not losing so much time.

Maby that's what everybody else was doing too ( the ppl who got into axidents. )

you should have pulled over on the side of the road and rerouted from there. I hope you get sued for having your head wedged up your ass.

Fiddling with your GPS while driving can be pretty dangerous...As you seem to have found out. My GPS almost got me into an accident the other day, so I've been trying to forgo messing with it while it's required to keep my eyes on the road. I hate my GPS, though. It told me to turn the wrong way onto a one-way street one time.

32, yeah my GPS has done that to me, it also wanted me to turn into a cemetery as a shortcut to walmart once.

Wow, I hope 'DumbLuck', your username, isn't referring to this fml... this wasn't dumb luck, it was just dumb. 100% your fault...

This is a good time to say patience is a virtue!! hopefully you were on your way to work, bc you are gonna need it since your insurance will be going up!!

Does it also wipe your ass for you? God how low of self esteem do you have to brag about all your wonderful possessions on fml?