By Anonymous - 08/08/2012 05:59 - United States

Today, I was driving down a dark country road with the windows down. Suddenly, a giant barn owl flew through my side-window and smacked into my head, causing me to drive into a ditch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 187
You deserved it 2 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Owls have better eyesight than humans when it's dark. Maybe it was saving you from something out there :)

Comments

I bet you recently had a break up where your ex told you that you have a big head? I think your head was so big the owl couldn't avoid it.

Seinfeld reference. Elaine broke up with a guy who told her she had a big head, and a bird flew into it and a witness said "it was like he saw your head, but he just couldn't avoid it".

Thank you #6 for explaining the reference I red the comment and went "WTF".

it's sad he had to explain his own reference though

I got it right away. But I watch Seinfeld a lot so that could be why. I find that show hilarious. Haha.

Owls have better eyesight than humans when it's dark. Maybe it was saving you from something out there :)

sunnyt 5

The Weasely's owl! Saving OP from.. Voldemort?

21- or Peter Pettigrew... That guy's creepy *shudders*

Hedwigs a snowy owl but yay Harry Potter reference :)! OP at least you weren't smacked in the face by Eril haha :D

jellycorn 13

Well, it said in the first book that Hedwig was a snowy barn owl, and OP never specified what colour. Would I sound stupid if I asked who Eril is?

Eril is the Weasley's clumsy owl remember :)? "Some ruddy bird called Eril!" :D

jellycorn 13

It did not say Hedwig was a 'snowy barn owl', the reason being a SNOWY owl is one species and a BARN owl is another - they are separate and do not interbreed. Much more entertaining is the fact snowy owls only come in two colours, white (male) and grey (female). This of course means that the owls used to portray Hedwig, a female, in the films are all male. On a different note, the wingspan of a barn owl is a good meter, so either you have freaking massive windows, it wasn't a barn owl, or at the very least it was not a 'giant barn owl', but rather an awfully small one...

Llama_Face89 33

32- Regardless of whether you call it a snowy owl or a barn owl they're still only found within the arctic circle.

I was going to say the same thing on a Harry potter note. I was going to say he was trying to give you, your letter to attend Hogwarts. Ps owls and barn owls are located in many place. specially north America.

Sounds like someone got accepted into Slytherin!

jellycorn 13

They use owls to give acceptance letters. Slytherin is full of twats. Naturally their delivery owl would be a twat too, right? That was my joke

jellycorn 13

Ah, I see. Actually, if OP was a muggle born (seemingly likely-he/she is using muggle technology) a ministry representative would come and explain Hogwarts and magic in general. If you want to get technical about it.

19- perhaps OP is a weasley, and just enjoys using muggle technology

I hope so too. It seems like OP and the owl don't get a-lung very well.

krylonpony 3

One does not simply, Typo on an FML.

Llama_Face89 33

69- was there a point to that comma?

KM96 24

Unlucky doesn't even come close to describe the incident. Sorry for you OP ... I hope you or the owl weren't hurt too badly

Rats! That's quite a hoot, hope owl is fine, flying into a ditch like could leave you in a head spin.

Octain 13

I bet Op submitted this FML before calling for help....

It must have been Pig! He was on his way to Hogwarts that's all! I'm sure Ron will send an apology letter soon. By owl.

jellycorn 13

Pigwidgeon. Ron's owl. Given to him by Sirius black at the end of Prisoner of Azkaban. Named by Ginny.

jellycorn 13

Actually.. It can't be Pig. It says that the barn owl was huge. Pig is a tiny little thing.

Lots of Harry Potter references, I love it!!, maybe it was one of the schools barn owl?

skyeyez9 24

It was probably the Weasley's family owl Errol. It was old and very clumsy.

96, you're probably right, he was extremely clumsy!

I'm loving these hp references(: my kind of people!!

Oh that's right! It can't be Pig he's small! Never mind, it was Errol :) Harry Potter all the way!!

Did you at least receive your acceptance letter to Hogwarts?

That is one reason why I dislike living in the country. Random critters fly through open windows or jump right out in front of you!