By Anna - 15/06/2012 09:43 - United States - Buellton

Today, I was driving my parrot home from the vet. As I was driving home, I decided to let her sit on my shoulder. Something scared her, and she started flapping in my face, causing me to crash my car into a tree. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 768
You deserved it 51 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

donkey79 0

Unless you are a pirate then driving with a parrot on your shoulder is not allowed.

So, you got bitch slapped by a parrot?

Comments

donkey79 0

Unless you are a pirate then driving with a parrot on your shoulder is not allowed.

Pirates don't need to watch where they're going. Half of them drive with the steering wheels in their laps. But arrrr, it drives them nuts!

I know it's probably obvious to everyone reading your post OP, but I still feel that it must be said: DUH! ARRRRRR you an idiot? Who would have thought that having a bird out of its cage in a moving car would be a bad idea? ANYONE WITH A BRAIN!

So, you got bitch slapped by a parrot?

Good thing OP wasn't taking a child to the doctor's. What a dumbass. ydi 100%

yes but OP wouldn't hAve a child on her shoulder would she?

Pfft. Women drivers, amirite? ...Right? Okay, I'll be on my way.

Their lap perhaps?! Are you and OP related by any chance?

You learned the hard way. Parrots in your shoulder=Bad. *ashamed*

M0NK3Yz 2

now your the one that need to go to the vet ..

Don't leave. We need people to save the English language from further bastardization and eventual destruction.

I'm pretty sure PEOPLE don't go to the VET..

Unless they're bringing their pets there.

67 - Bullshit, my pet chimp is smart enough to take the bus to the vets... on his own. Dun, dun, duuun...

*... An ellipses has three full stops.

*An ellipsis . . . Ellipses is the plural form.

tristanisgay 7

#92 spelled it right the first time.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Should have put the parrot in a cage while you were driving. What if you'd killed someone? YDI.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I wonder if the parrot died....

p3mguin 7

Yeah I hope the parrot is alright, as for op I could really care less...

p3mguin 7

Whatever lolololol, no I don't mean it but I'm sorta "animal lover" that i take this kind of seriously. Not enough to be a furry but not enough to be a vegan either.

I mean, if the OP is so bad at driving that she swerved off the road and crashed into a tree instead of just slamming on the brakes because something was hitting her face, she deserved it big time and I would be happy if she was never on the road again.

you're right 29, but maybe slamming on the breaks could've caused a large accident with multiple cars rear-ending each other, if OP was on a busy road. But I'm just gonna assume that OP was startle by the flapping in their face, and their reflexes kicked in and the swerved out of fright. could happen to anyone, who decided to play pirate in the car.

eatthemcows 4

Yeah, really. I have a parrot and I always put her in her travel cage when I take her to the vet. Parrots can be scared easily in such a way. Op is obviously not a very experienced or intelligent avian owner.

soldiermedic 2

Not really, think of it as the Darwin effect....

slimjim8094 12

99 - people following should be far enough back and attentive to be able to stop if the person in front has to make an emergency stop. Basic driving.

You'd have to learn that lesson the hard way i guess..

Yes, there is the word CAR in Caribbean, but . . . that doesn't mean you should be a pirate in a car.

Driving with pets on you lap, shoulders or on you in any way is very dangerous because when the animal isn't secured like a dog for example. Nothing stops it from going out the window or the airbag breaking its neck.

the_smart_way 10

You drove your parrot? I hope you used a saddle, the little fellas hate bareback (no innuendo intended)

p3mguin 7

Hahahahaha, oh your a funny one. BARE BACK! Your the best!

*you're. In both instances. YOU'RE welcome.

Shit I put a comment here and realized it was wrong… you may down vote me now… v,_,v

I thumbed you up, just to be different.

p3mguin 7

Your awesome bro, thanks for correcting my grammar. Are you on you're iPod or computer?

brohamas16 7

I've seen people have a little dog on their lap but a parrot?

YDI why drive with a parrot on your shoulder? you completely set yourself up for that one.

Why? Because OP is a birdbrain. Or perhaps just a devoted parrothead.

That was pretty irresponsible, you could've killed someone. Idiot

perdix 29

Aha! Now we know why all those pirates wrecked their ships! That parrot-on-the-shoulder look is bad-ass, but I knew it would interfere with operating a vehicle!