By WTF, America? - 03/08/2013 21:57 - Sweden

Today, I was convinced by my friends to watch an episode of the American TV show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". They said it was bad, but I didn't anticipate having a full-blown panic attack ten minutes into it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 234
You deserved it 9 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh no! You got Honey Boo Boo'd... Sad day :(

Comments

Oh no! You got Honey Boo Boo'd... Sad day :(

Please don't tell me that's in ANY dictionary :O

First time I heard about honey boo boo was on South Park.... It was months of blissful ignorance before my friend showed me it. I don't say this often or really ever, but that show's worse than jersey shore.

brians2617m 7

There's a show out there that's actually *worse* than jersey shore? Oh god, I have to see this.

If you love yourself.. you won't. The others aren't warning you for no reason!

I love honey boo boo - its just so funny ! :D

please don't judge our whole country by that show, every country has idiots but for some reason America likes to put them on TV so other idiots can laugh at them. Its a modern day freak/sideshow. Most of us are super embarrassed by these shows.

Music_freek 19

This is what the world is coming to. FYL

friedpwnadge 25

When we thought Justin Bieber and Nickleback were bad, we were wrong. We were horribly wrong. *screams of anguish in the distance*

What about 1 direction? *hides waiting for beliebers and directioners to attack*

ILoveMyArm 15

Not to mention Teen Mom and Toddlers and Tiaras. Oh, the horror!

Fluffasuars_Rawr 15

Toddlers and Tiaras is my guilty pleasure. It's just so... Horrible. But Honey Boo Boo? That's a step too far into The Abyss for me. TLC, you used to be 'The Learning Channel'. Heck, I even got on board when you started doing 'Trading Spaces'. But I don't need to learn about Swamp People.

the only show i still find educational on that channel is "Untold Stories of the ER", but then again it's one of my faves too:P

86 - My mom loves that show. I'm too squeamish - but for some reason I can watch Intervention (as long as I don't watch them stick needles in, can't handle that). I like true crime shows too (I still save old episodes of Dateline, and I REALLY miss Cold Case Files on A&E). Toddlers & Tiaras is really off the chart as far as what I actually enjoy on TV. I watched an episode of the show with the lady with like 20 kids or something, my Mom's into it. They're creepy.

137, it's actually really good that you recognise Quiverfull and Christian Patriarchy as unhealthy and creepy. :) I wish more people did.

thebaddayblues 3

I don't understand what the big deal is... Living in South GA, I see people like Honey Boo Boo's family everyday.

167 - I'm Canadian, specifically Québeçois. It's becoming less and less common for couples to get married before they have kids here, and the younger generation is breaking away from the church (largely Catholic). We're pretty forward-thinking up here. Gay marriage, socialized health care, relatively liberal views on sex...

Zimmington 21

121- I'm from New Orleans but don't currently live there *Sadly* but one day I had this girl argue with me because she whole heartedly believed everyone in Louisiana were "Swamp People" after watching a few episodes of that show.

8313girl 28

@169: They're saying it's a bad thing and I agree. I'm from deep down south in Texas but I don't act like that. Some of these shows are really ignorant and stupid and it's really embarrassing for others to think that's how we all act.

Worst show I have seen in a while as well. Avert your eyes and ears away from the screen!!

PterodactylMan 23

Run. Run fast. Never turn around

Forget running, go get a boat. I heard the boo-boos can't swim.

Congratulations!!! :D I wish I was, but I just can't stop once I start.

Doctor, I think I might be allergic to white trash as well. What do you reccomend?

Jacksparrow72 21

I apologize for what you had to go through.

I, too, apologize on behalf of the Americans who aren't white trash, who doesn't believe that being morbidly obese is a handicap. Not all Americans are that horrid. (Just like not every person that lives in my state is like that.) That show and those people make me physically sick. I cannot stand those morons.

YDI if you give into peer pressure like that, but at least you knew early on rather than sitting through the whole thing.

VIPwhenever 15

You act like they made him do drugs

VIPwhenever 15

You act like they made him do drugs

There are somethings worse than drugs! This is definitely the worst!!

That must have been terrible. FYL indeed, Swedish guy.

hcollins1 18

If only there was a way to say 'oh wow FYL' without having to comment. Can anyone think of it?

Pwn17 25

Here comes Honey Boo Boo... And out goes sanity...

Thumb me down, but I don't think their family is THAT bad. They love each other and don't get into trouble. Just because they're different from you, who are you to judge them?

I guess you're right, I should thumb you down.

Consider it done, I think I am #-9.

I agree with Queensland, all you have to do is NOT watch the show. Read up on what Alana and her family do with the money they get from doing the show. Get off your high horses and pull the sick from your collective ass. They're doing better things with reality tv money than most of you people ever would

172- Doesn't make them any less obnoxious, physically disgusting, or just plain ignorant.

See, the problem is it's just a TV show. Scripted reality. They act that way because it sells. If it didn't the directors would have them or somebody else do something differently. You really don't know what's going on in their real life.

That's true. Like in the recent commercial for the show they're talking about the mom getting married but I've seen in various magazines a few months ago that she's gotten married. Reality TV isn't 100% real.

Right, because panic attacks are totally controllable. Shame on OP for suffering from an illness. Must be nice living in your world.