By Anonymous - 04/08/2013 00:46 - United States - Kerman

Today, I was at the store with my kids. My 5-year-old son wanted to carry the milk carton, so I let him. He dropped it and it spilled. I was really embarrassed. Then he decided to get on the floor and lick the milk off the ground. Everyone stared at me accusingly. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 281
You deserved it 7 304

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Do you have a cat? Haha. I can only imagine your son learning it from that.

What an interesting way to clean up. At least he's getting his calcium....though that is very unsanitary.

Comments

Do you have a cat? Haha. I can only imagine your son learning it from that.

moonsalt 20

As embarrassing as it is, at least he isn't crying and drawing more attention to the scene.

Yes, there is no use crying over spilled milk.

However There is a use of licking it up

What an interesting way to clean up. At least he's getting his calcium....though that is very unsanitary.

Training his immune system while strengthening his bones?

All the while showing real humility in drinking off the floor. Good kid.

I can only imagine the child puking his guts out later that day. I've seen people just spit on the floor in grocery stores.

pinguino3669_fml 23

More like an answers.yahoo.com one

Spill some milk! Like a cat. Lick it off the floor! Like a cat.

My 1 1/2 year old does the same thing where she'll try licking liquid off the floor. We have a dog so that's probably where she got it from. So maybe it's the same thing with you? Also, ignore those accusing stares. They don't know the story and who are they to judge?

I'm pretty sure a 5 year old is old enough to understand not to lick/eat food off of the floor Your 1 1/2 year old is at least at the age where she may not remember its not good to do.

Not necessarily. Young children can be easily influenced. They could have seen their pet do it and assume it was ok to do it or they imagined themselves being the said pet. Some kids have a fantastic and at times a over active imagination.

CaiDog 20

hey, its ok - kids do stupid stuff. you two will probably end up getting a laugh out of it once your son grows older :) though it does sound pretty funny

Darren22 12

well at least he tried to clean up his mess

Yeah, I mean I'm over three times his age and I still don't clean up after myself.

Kids will be kids. It's definitely not the last time he will embarrass you either.