By framed - 02/04/2016 12:30 - United States - Portsmouth

Today, I was chatting with a new guy at work. He cracked a joke about me and I jokingly gave him a light push on the shoulder. Half a second after I touched him, he threw himself back and hit the floor yelling in "pain". Now I'm suspended because of this psycho. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 390
You deserved it 2 421

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just dont touch anyone, jokingly or otherwise, theres no need. Having said that, he is indeed a psycho, FYL.

Comments

I was really confused by this comment until I realized that the rest of the world has a different word for soccer

#3, Well I mean technically it's Futbol

Australia calls it both football and soccer, but the team is called the Socceroos.

DeadxManxWalking 27

@#3 unless number 1 is a rugby player then he means American football

Yes a constantly flowing game is much worse than your American football that pauses every fifteen seconds

that's your opinion, I don't like it either, but it doesn't make it a fact

Yes #20, the most popular sport in the entire world "sucks," 70% of the worlds population has it wrong, our mistake

Ik this will get a lot of negative votes but he could be autistic

Probably an autistic person wouldn't want someone suspended over accidentally triggering their sensory issues. Sounds more like he's an asshole.

in what way could he be autistic, this just sounds like an ignorant assertion.

Autistic people often have extreme fear of being touched by another person

Because autistic people don't like to be touched !

Idk if you were agreeing with me or not but that was the point I was trying to make. So thank you Ü

I was agreeing with you - you shouldn't touch someone because you don't know their condition/past/problems however I hope you wouldn't get someone suspended over an innocent mistake. (:

I know a few autistic people and one of of them dislikes physical contact, but he twitches, not soccer flops.

I agree you probably. shouldn't just touch people, bit saying "he might autistic" is stupid

Just dont touch anyone, jokingly or otherwise, theres no need. Having said that, he is indeed a psycho, FYL.

It's sad we live in a world where we have to be afraid of physically touching people.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

#24 it is, because my cousin hates being touched. Because she was raped. 3 times.

Agree. If someone touches me when i don't expect it, it freaks me out because of past experiences and I'd rather no one did it ever however getting someone suspended over a friendly touch is such an asshole move. My thoughts go to your cousin #35. ):

MikaykayUnicorn 36

Thank you #38. It's a sad world we live in, honestly. It was her friends father's who did it two of the times. Really ****** up that you can't go to a friend's house and not be scared of their fathers. Really ****** up that we have to be scared of people touching us. I didn't mean to turn this into a thing about my cousin and rape, I just wanted to add input to the fact that yes, it's sad that we live in a world where you can't touch someone without being worried about how they might react.

Your username makes me question how sincere your comments are

I made this account in my emo phase and regret it every day. FML.

No, what's sad is people thinking it's okay to physically touch a relative stranger.

His acting must really be on point...unless his balance is that bad

I don't know, when we were little my brother would jump on the floor or against walls as if i threw him there and start crying whenever i just touched him with the tip of my finger and it worked every time at school. Even though it was so fake it was ridiculous.

Just be lucky he is not Saitama (One Punch Man, for those who don't keep up to date)

dannidoll93 24

Did anyone else see what happened? Hopefully if you've been at the job a while your employers will take into account that nothing like this has ever happened before and that it's likely that the new guy overreacted. Sorry OP, I'm sure your job will be safe, it's not like the guy will have a bruise if you touched him lightly.

Queen_of_Night 20

That's the kind of shit my kid bro pulled. FYL man.

Could be fibromyalgia or some kind of nerve damage/disorder. Look up allodynia. I hate when people pat me on the back or slap my leg for emphasis (during a joke or whatever). Usually it's not "fall on the ground in pain"-bad, but some days it could be. So generally just don't touch people unless you're pretty aquainted with them. Hopefully you get out of trouble.

But if it was a condition like that, why would he allow him to get suspended?

Yep. I don't know. Because he's an a-hole.

I saw a lot of comments saying that but we don't know. Maybe he will explain what happened and OP won't be suspended, in 300 words, we can't know

I was going to make a comment like this. A friend of mine has fibromyalgia and some days are such a struggle. However, even if he does have something like that, he must also be a bit of a ******** if he allowed OP to get suspended.

KryssLB 14

If someone poked me in my right shoulder, I'd be more or less okay. If someone poked me in my left shoulder, I'd be in agony for the rest of the day and likely on pain killers for another couple. Six years ago I fell on the ice and slightly reseated my collar bone. Haven't had a pain-free day since, although at least I've been off the long-term pain killers for about a year now. No, there's nothing that can be done; yes, I have seen specialists. Several. In several fields. And done my own research into it. Don't go touching and poking at people you aren't on fairly intimate terms with. Not only is it rude, you don't know what health issues they may have that you might aggravate. Is getting the OP suspended an over-reaction? I have no idea; I don't know the culture at their work and it wasn't my shoulder they poked. But potentially not. Hopefully one wouldn't kick the legs out from under someone on crutches; if one did one might expect to get suspended. Depending on the coworker's health issue, even without visible external support required, it might be seen in a similar light.

Imo you should warn people not to touch you in ANY way when this could be a problem for you. No need to get all personal about it if you dont want to, but just tell them you cannot or do not want to be touched.

Maybe he wants your job and is trying to make you look bad?