By Anon - 08/03/2012 11:53 - United States

Today, I was called an assortment of names and was almost followed home by a crazy bitch. Why? Because I stated that it was unsanitary for her to bring her dog to a grocery store. She clearly disagreed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 698
You deserved it 7 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless she needed the dog for service (those dogs are extremely well-trained), I fail to see why she would need her dog at the grocery store.

kiran_fml 5

Isn't she not allowed to bring her dog in anyways?

Comments

Why is the unsanitary? Dogs walking around in a store tend to be cleaner than the people in there. I've seen people with filthy clothes, hands etc touching the fruit and veggies AND putting them back. How is this more sanitary? Oh, and you're an idiot.

Clearly you have never heard about dog related allergies and untrained dogs/Incompetent dog owners. Moron...

FYI - There are actually service dogs for people with mental disorders like Bi-Polar and PSTD. So she very well may have been bat shit crazy. May want to consider HOW you say things to people you don't know. Your post sounded pretty snobby. Glad nothing really bad happened, but you definitely deserved it.

barbiegirl619 15

If the dog was a service dog it would've had a special vest so that situations like this don't occur on a regular basis. And since when do they have service dogs for people with bi-polar disorder, I thought they just took little blue pills?

: ) I actually know this because I suffer from sever Bi- Polar & anxiety and have been looking into the service dog thing. If you google service dog for Bi-Polar you get lots of info. And yes, LOTS of little pills are involved. I am very careful about making sure I take my meds & follow ALL my therapists instructions, so my life is pretty stable. The problem comes in with people like us who don't. If they are approached wrong there is no telling what the hell could happen.

I have PTSD and have been declared disabled by my doctor. I have a service dog. They don't HAVE to wear and vests or collars or any distinguishing accessories. Mine has a collar tag. Yes, I need him to leave my house any time it's dark outside, or any time I feel unsafe. Otherwise I have panic attacks if someone so much as looks at me the wrong way.

Well, op, if you're so scared you should have just turned around and peed on both the dog and the owner. Show your dominance! And they're now your property.

perdix 29

Mind your own ******* business! It was probably a service dog. When I have a cold, I take my dog everywhere and tell people she's my smelling-nose dog. I've trained her to roll over and play dead when she smells someone with bad BO.

lidemocr 0

Oh, Christ. You're ******* looney.

MidnightMusic53 37

I take it you haven't ran into Perdix before? He's not loony, just highly sarcastic.

I'm failing to see how the dog simply being there was unsanitary. Obviously, dogs do have the potential to create unsanitary conditions (as do people), but since the FML did not explicitly state that as the case, I'm going to have to vote YDI this time for not minding your own business and/or not being tactful when airing your grievance to the dog's owner (I can think of dozens of more appropriate things you could have said or done if the dog was bothering you somehow).

unless the dog was doing something that would cause an unsanitary situation ( which im sure u would've mentioned) u had no reason to say anything to her. next time mind ur business YDI

kiraleann 16

Next time just tell a store employee and let them take care of it...unless you are a store employee, in which case your handling of the situation was inappropriate. You ask them if it is a service dog, and if they say it is not, then you politely ask them to take the dog out of the store.

Keep your nose out of other people's business. Be glad she didn't shank ya

Chrispayne 4

Was probably a service dog. Many,people think that a servicd dog are just seeing eye dogs which is not true. Some people have small dogs that help alert then of seasures that might be coming up. I think OP needs to mind her own bussiness

Way to perpetuate a stereotype of dogs being uncontrollable drool-machines. Not only was it likely a service animal for this "crazy bitch", I personally don't see how a well-trained dog is any less sanitary than a small child. In fact, I'd think the child would be less so, as they are generally treated with more lenience and less rigorously trained than dogs. YDI.