By Anon - 08/03/2012 11:53 - United States

Today, I was called an assortment of names and was almost followed home by a crazy bitch. Why? Because I stated that it was unsanitary for her to bring her dog to a grocery store. She clearly disagreed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 698
You deserved it 7 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless she needed the dog for service (those dogs are extremely well-trained), I fail to see why she would need her dog at the grocery store.

kiran_fml 5

Isn't she not allowed to bring her dog in anyways?

Comments

etoilenuit 15

Yea there are laws against it, because they cant control every dog that comes in. But if it was really unsanitary or dangerous to your health, then even service dogs wouldn't be allowed. Do you think it's unsanitary for you to have your dog inside your own house? Keep your comments and opinions to yourself. She didnt ask.

good. she may have over reacted but people need to learn to mind their own damn business nowadays. unless the dog was slobbering all over your food I hardly think it was necessary for you to make a comment, whether or not you agreed.

jmoreno 4

Rule of thumb if it's none of ur damn buissness don't say anything or u will get followed home and beat down!!

I bring my kitten places with me. I've never had a problem when I bought him into the grocery store. Cats tend to be cleaner though...and I don't agree with the way she handled that.

Cats are filthy. I live with two. Nasty little animals.

I have a service dog. I also help train service, companion, and therapy dogs. A service dog can go to any store, hospital, library, DMV, airports, even on the plane, court, etc. They are not allowed in federal buildings or on military installations without the provost Marshall's consent. They can enter state buildings. A service dog does not have to always have a vest or identifying marker but it is recommended. Any person can ask is that a service dog. Any service dog can be asked to leave any establishment if it behaves in any way that is perceived as unruly. However if a service dog is refused access for no apparent reason, it is the handlers responsibility to report the business and/or building to the ADA. As far as allergies go, service dogs must me maintained and groomed daily to cut down on pet dander. Or in my case have a hypo allergenic dog.

Service dogs are still disgusting. I was in a grocery store and watched some asshole touch her service dog's slobbering, gross mouth and then wipe his spit onto fresh, loose produce. She did it over and over and over. Slobber. Wipe. Slobber Wipe. Some innocent people bought fresh green peppers with this asshat's dog slobber wiped all over them.

That would be the point where you should have informed a worker or manager, so that no one would be getting slobbered on peppers and that dog and handler would have to leave that establishment. I would never condone any bad actions by a service dog or handler. Some people do try and take advantage of the ADA laws and that is disgusting to those of us who truly need our dogs and keep them properly trained.

Yep, ratted that dirty bitch out. The problem of course is that then I was the **** who called out a handicapped person for their dirty behavior. A lot of handicapped people use their disability as an excuse to do whatever they want, which I see all the time because I have a handicapped child. It would never occur to me to use our son as an excuse to line cut or whatever, but I see it all the time and it is appalling.

I have a service dog. Like someone else said, I keep him groomed regularly to help the people with allergies. There are certain standards and common courtesies that most people with legit service dogs practice.

yolo48 1

I completely agree it's unsanitary but maybe you should have minded ur own business. Its not like it helped anyways.

rpoier 1

You can't always tell if the person is disabled As a person who trains service dogs (me) You should ignore the dog unless it is seriously misbehaving and if you don't work at the store it is none of your business so I'm glad you got yelled at I prob would have called you a lot more

The OP never stated that this dog was a service dog. For all we know, it was one of those asshole women who walk around with dogs in their purses. They suck. Once again, I was in the supermarket and one of those idiots was feeding her filthy dog straight from the salad bar, her hand going back and forth between the dog's dirty mouth and the loose food so others were eating food that had been touched by her dirty 'dog mouth' hands. Additionally, that is STEALING. How do you pay for food after you fed it to Fido? I complained to the manager. She denied having the dog and would probably have gotten away with it except that the ******* dog took a foul-smelling shit and stunk us all out. Since purses do not typically take smelly *****, the jig was up. Asshole dog owners, your ******* 'babies' DO NOT have to go everywhere you do. If you can't go to the market without sneaking in your dog, get your ****** up ass to a psychiatrist.

So service dogs that detect blood sugar levels, or that retrieve seizure medicine, that help balance people with severe TBI, their dogs should just stay home right?

What are you, a ******* idiot? I just said that we are ASSUMING that the dog in the OP's story was a service dog. This was not explicitly stated. And I don't give a rat's ******* ass what the dog Goddamn role is. I don't want its slobber on my food or smell its shit in a food store. The rest of us deserve at least minimal sanitary conditions around our food. I hope someone's guide dog takes a piss on your salad.

Properly trained service dogs (IE, REAL service dogs) will remain right by their owners side, will not poop or pee inside (as they've been house broken) and will not act out of line. That's why it's so hard to train a dog to be a service dog. They literally have to ignore all their innate play instincts and focus solely on their owner and anything in the immediate vicinity that could pose a problem for said owner. No dog that shows signs of not being able to have this kind of focus will pass the test to become a registered service dog. So before you go spewing hatred that all dogs are the same and will shit and piss where ever they want you might want to actually learn what the **** you're talking about, you ignorant asshole.

Dogs eat shit. Dogs lick their assholes, which is where they expel their shit. Dogs lick other dogs' assholes, which is where other dogs expel their shit. Shit is disgusting and loaded with bacteria and disease. NO DOGS AROUND HUMAN FOOD. It's really not that hard to understand, unless you're OK with wolfing down food with dog shit bits in it. Maybe they're like Bacos to you, but I'd much prefer my food to be dog shit free, thanks. If someone wants to own one of those dirty shit-piss-slobber-noise-humping-chewing-biting machines that's their business although I contend that they are getting a dog because they are friendless and thus probably have issues a dog won't resolve for them. However, when they let their dog's shit mouths near my food, that is very much my business. Eww. Dog hair in the salad bar. Eww. Dog slobber on the fresh produce. Eww. Dog piss puddle or poop pile in the aisle? Eww. Simple solution to problem? NO DOGS IN FOOD STORES OR RESTAURANTS.

xTheDoctorx 1

You sound like someone with no friends. I'm very sorry that your life is so miserable. My service dog can come into a store with me and sit quietly and just take a nap if I need to be there for a while but children cry, whine, beg, scream, and are otherwise just disgusting. I don't know very many parents who actually brush their kids' hair in the morning anymore. More often than not, the children I see have snot running down their upper lip and they smell like they are sitting in a dirty diaper that hasn't been changed all day. My "dirty" animal has no smell, does not go to the bathroom in public, doesn't make a sound, and doesn't make a nuisance of himself. I am not anti-children. I raised my little brothers alone and love them very much but keeping your children clean is not as hard as most parents make it look. I cringe when I see unattended children wiping their noses on their hands then grabbing things at the grocery store. It's disgusting. My dog doesn't drool or wipe his nose on things in the grocery store therefore he is cleaner than most children. And then there are teenagers... They are almost as bad as little children. I'm not even going to get started on that one.

So because pattipan doesn't want random dog shit in her food, she's friendless and leads a miserable life? How does the one lead to the other? They are completely unrelated. Not wanting to eat random dog shit is not a social issue. What an idiot you are. You are the prototypical dog lover; "people who don't like dogs are socially inept." Uh, look in the mirror. Dog people think non-dog people have social issues but it's really the other way around. You can't stand it that some of us disagree with your dog-loving choice. I hate dogs and don't want to eat random dog shit, either, so I guess I'm friendless and miserable too. Same with my husband. My boss. My neighbor across the street. My parents. My sibling and his family. Everyone on my staff. Most of my friends (who according to you do not exist). Wow. Get over it, you moron. Some people do not like dogs and don't want them around. It's a choice, not a psychiatric/social flaw. Funny how dog haters do not attack dog lovers for their choice but dog lovers attack dog haters for theirs. It's a one-way street for dog lovers; 'we're right and you're wrong so we'll keep screaming at you that you have mental issues until you see it our way.'

vgc_fml 2

In my state, it is illegal for employees to ask a customer what their disability is if they claim that their dog is a service dog. That's because not all disabilities are visible. While I agree with the face that yes, there are some terrible disabilities not immediately visible to the average person and sometimes a service dog is needed, I have seen people abuse the SHIT out of this. All some people do is buy their dog a vest and say, "Oh, that's my service dog". And I KNOW that they're full of shit because their dogs are untrained. I've seen these "service dogs" attack other dogs, jump on people, not listen to their owner's commands, and just generally act unruly. Yeah...service dogs my ass.

I always assumed that official service dogs had special vests that you couldn't just buy. If not, then your state needs to implement that IMMEDIATELY.

vgc_fml 2

People just buy generic colored vests and say it's a service dog's vest. Most employees won't bother to question that person for fear of offending or getting sued. I've seen a "blind" guy on the bus once with a "walking stick" that was obviously a painted long stick with some sort of ball poorly attached at the end. What tipped me off that he wasn't actually blind was the fact that he had not one, but two "seeing eye dogs" that weren't even in harnesses, just on leashes. He also happily barreled through anyone and everyone when he got off the bus. No, really, he had this big old smirk on his face. And the bus driver didn't say anything.

There should be some way for reporting people who abuse the situation & lie about their dog being a service animal. It really ruins it for people who need it. I know there are training programs the dog has to go through to be certified a service animal. I wonder why they don't issue a card on completion, kind of like a doggie drivers license. Then you wouldn't have to ask about the disability, just to verify their license. Oh, never mind. We're talking about government. I'm fairly sure they're allergic to anything resembling common sense

There is no required training program. Implementing something like that would make it unfair to those who can't afford to pay for it. I know I wouldn't be able to. But I'm fortunate enough to have a dog trainer as my neighbors who helped me train my service dog.

xTheDoctorx 1

I agree. I do have a trained service dog but too many people get away with just saying their dog is a service dog. I get stared at because people think my boy isn't a service dog and that is a result of others lying about their own dogs. I wish there was a way to separate the real service dogs from the fake ones.

I disagree with you depending on the situation. If the dog was outside of the store tied up so the girl could go in. Then that would be non of your business to even mention anything of the sort. If the dog was in the store. Still isn't your business to say anything. There is a no dog policy if stated. If she was in tr wrong it's up to the store employees to say something. Not you