By Anon - 08/03/2012 11:53 - United States

Today, I was called an assortment of names and was almost followed home by a crazy bitch. Why? Because I stated that it was unsanitary for her to bring her dog to a grocery store. She clearly disagreed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 698
You deserved it 7 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless she needed the dog for service (those dogs are extremely well-trained), I fail to see why she would need her dog at the grocery store.

kiran_fml 5

Isn't she not allowed to bring her dog in anyways?

Comments

Greendaycheese 12

What if she was blind or something? And who are you to tell her otherwise? Minding your own business is a plus at times.

If she was blind I'm sure the OP would've noticed that, and secondly the dog would've been marked as a service dog.

caliigirll707 2

mind ur own business; i hate when people tell me i cant take my dog places.

oh, please. people bring their screaming, nasty children everywhere. grocery stores, planes, restaurants. my dog is cleaner and more well behaved than most people's kids - i should be able to take him anywhere they can take their crotch fruit.

yaoifreak 8

Okay why did it matter If she brought a dog in the store with her was it your dog....no okay then .......................maybe it was your dog???

I wouldn't have said anything. If she had her dog in the grocery store for no apparent reason, she is obviously psychotic

What do you care? Most dogs are way better than most kids, so why don't we just ban kids from almost anywhere? I don't even like dogs that much, but even I can tell some can be cleaner than A LOT of people. Changed my mind, I kinda like dogs now. :D

I'm torn on this one. You deserved it because it's none of your business where she brings her dog, and if it was a problem I'm sure a store manager would have said something to her. They don't need you to do it. However, that doesn't give her the right to follow you around like a psycho. I know this because I recently had a misunderstanding with a man in the Safeway parking lot and he could NOT get over it. Gave me the death stare, spat at me, swore at me from across the parking lot, all because I expressed confusion at him standing in an empty parking spot.

Op shouldn't have commented to her but to a manager. It is a health code violation to have a non service animal in a grocery store. Especially if one has a deli. The store can actually lose it's license if it doesn't enforce the policy.

I can understand that, but people have their nasty snot-nosed children running around the stores touching everything and that's perfectly fine. People wipe their noses and put their hands down their pants and go to the bathroom without cleaning their hands and then go touch door handles and bag dispensers and anything else you can think of in a store. I'm not saying that this makes animals the cleanest creatures ever, but it's not that the store is significantly more dirty just because it's in there. He's not picking his nose and putting his paws all over the produce.

j3ebrules 13

Well, two crazy bitches. Assuming the dog was female.

melrose90210 10

You could have gotten her arrested. It is illegal to bring ANY animal into a grocery store, unless it is a marked service one.

She might have a psych needs dog. Many people who suffer from PTSD have them, and the dog must be with then at all times as anything can cause a flashback it other PTSD response to occur, yes, EVEN IN THE GROCERY STORE!!!

In that case, the dog would be marked as a service dog, and the OP probably would've just kept on walking, noticing the marking stating that said dog is a service dog. That's how people who require animal companions are supposed to show that they, in fact, need the animal companion and that people who don't can't just claim that they do.

You do have to keep in mind if it was a psychiatric service dog, people with mental disorders sometimes have problems remembering the right way to do things. Such as putting the vest & proper tags on their service animals

In which case the op should have pointed out the dog to management. If management didn't ask if the dog is a service animal and ask to see proof of it being a service animal the store can be reported to the health department

151, service dogs aren't required to wear anything special.