By PCop - 02/08/2010 23:21 - United States

Today, I was bored out of my mind at work. I told my coworker he was lucky to be leaving early. I forgot the reason of his early departure was to go to his grandfather's funeral. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 589
You deserved it 36 487

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP you didn't know! just say sorry ):

FFML_314 11

Mercy, that could work for this FML. Maybe OP could cheer up his co-worker, by convincing him his grandfather isn't really gone. He's among the living dead! This could work. Good job on the interpretation. :]

Comments

fyourlife1990 0

its funny because you said he is lucky to leave early when he was really going to a funeral 

Pulsian 0

wow, this would be even worse if this was the same guy from yesterday (who shouted at his noisy workmate for 'laughing'. turns out he was crying hysterically due to the death of his grandad

Brittney_E 0

lmao...like that coworker could take anymore. that is so true though i forgot. relation??

perdix 29

What's so bad about going to funerals? There are a lot of crying women there who need hugs. That's more action than some guys get in a year. Also, if Grandpa was a prick, that guy was pretty relieved to see the old bastard go.

inuyasha1618 7

ydi. i hate people who r always doing that

KikiCarroll 0

some of these are almost painful to read.

Tauren 0

So what? He's still lucky to get out of work, regardless of the reason. They're separate entities -- someone can be fortunate to leave a boring job early, without negating their being unfortunate to have a dead relative. If a girl is model-skinny because of a disease, it doesn't mean other girls don't have the right to be jealous. Feel what you want and say it, and if they get upset at you, it's their problem, not yours.

sallen0046 4

What you've described here is almost the textbook definition of narcissism. The two situations are in no way separate entities, since they left work early to go to a funeral. The two are very obviously related. If there was no funeral, he would not have gotten off work early.

But there's no problem with envying one part of the situation and not the other. If one part of the situation is enviable, then there's every right to envy it; you don't HAVE to feel the same way about every part of it. It's not a uniform concept, as evidenced by the very fact that there is a good side and a bad side. And really, it's not as if anyone can help it anyway. If you're jealous, you're jealous, no matter how irrational. It is what it is. (In fact, the only reason I said anything at all -- it being such a moot point -- was because I like speaking my mind when nobody else has said the same thing already. I may be an idiot, but not enough of one to believe I can convince people of something they don't believe. So if you're hoping to piss me off, you're sadly ineffectual. If not, carry on.)

sallen0046 4

You don't get to complain about this. **** your coworkers life for having to put up with an asshole like you on a day that's already stressful enough.

LabRats_fml 4

That is exatcly what Dwight would say

same thing happened at my skool, this girl in my class got called out for early dismisal, and everyones like 'Lucky!!!' until they remembered she was goin to her dads funeral!!! D: