By gpistas - 23/05/2010 06:08 - United States

Today, I was at dentist to get impressions made. The hygienist put way too much of the plaster stuff on the press. She put it in my mouth and asked if I was okay, I shook my head no and promptly vomited. It sat at the back of my throat and I could not spit it out until the plaster hardened. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 808
You deserved it 3 010

Same thing different taste

Top comments

smiley_ily 0

eww, that's just gross, fyl.

Comments

It might be kinda rude or cause you to pay extra, but honestly I would have spit it out no matter what she told me.

The FML clearly says he 'couldn't' spit it out. So even if you wanted to, you couldn't.

its quite common to gag or throw up n they arent actually supposed to take the impression out until it sets because if they do u'll have all the plaster stuff will get stuck in ur mouth and will take a very long time to clean it later. so its not their fault

crammer1 6

You hold your breath...they hold the plaster there for a matter of seconds, not minutes. I've had several impressions done since I was a kid. I've definitely gagged a couple of times and I also had plaster go into my throat and swallowed a big chunk of it as a reflex when the impression was removed. Fun times.

munkeebutt 0

That happened to me too! I had to get a mouthgaurd for hockey cuz typically they don't fit me. I barfed on the dentist tho. :)

I feel your pain! When I did the same thing they failed the first time so I had to do it all over again...

It's algaenate....takes several minutes to harden. Sucks if you have a gag factor. Had a boy pull out his Ortho tray 3 times ....and he still had to gag as it hardened. Plaster would take ages, algaenate cures quick and is what we use to make the plaster mold. It's not a fun process.

Ooh I hate those. They always make me gag, I feel your pain OP.

Do people just put "you deserve it" just to make them feel better about them selves...