Gag reflex

By banananana - 25/09/2019 20:00 - Switzerland

Today, my dentist applied a paste on my teeth to make them more resistant. It tasted so disgustingly like artificial banana that I had to throw up. I'm not allowed to brush my teeth, drink or eat for 4 hours. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 342
You deserved it 182

Add a comment

You must be logged in to be able to post comments!

Top comments

Trust me, your dentist would allow you to make an exception. Having stomach acid in your mouth is worse than not letting the fluoride soak in. Next time, ask for the mint version.

Yeah if you threw up, i'd just call the dentist back and say what happened. A NICE, REPUTABLE dentist would tell you to brush then quickly go back in for another treatment in a different flavor. Just say you were trying to be polite before and had no idea the flavor would make you vomit. You're paying for the service, don't be afraid to tell them something went wrong or you aren't comfortable.

Comments

You got a fluoride treatment.

Trust me, your dentist would allow you to make an exception. Having stomach acid in your mouth is worse than not letting the fluoride soak in. Next time, ask for the mint version.

Yeah if you threw up, i'd just call the dentist back and say what happened. A NICE, REPUTABLE dentist would tell you to brush then quickly go back in for another treatment in a different flavor. Just say you were trying to be polite before and had no idea the flavor would make you vomit. You're paying for the service, don't be afraid to tell them something went wrong or you aren't comfortable.

This is stupid, I’ve recently had my teeth cleaned and treated. The “paste”, doesn’t taste that bad. And it’s 30 minutes, not four hours.

You must have swallowed some of the paste. I got sick from that more than once. That stuff is actually highly toxic.