By AustrianCow - 22/12/2015 21:45 - Austria - Linz

Today, I wanted my boyfriend to meet my parents. My mum introduced herself as, "I'm Petra. I'm completely normal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 007
You deserved it 2 077

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel like I'm missing some important piece of information about this fml.

Comments

well I don't want to spoil it but Petra died.

Ayyyyy, Destiny! But remember, it's not confirmed.

He's probably too focused on the fact that she has an awesome name out of Ender's Game; I would be!

Lol that was my first thought too. Then the second was, I'm totally missing a reference here. I can't tel why this is embarrassing.

OP is from Austria (as am I), and here the name Petra is much more common than people who have read Ender's Game. Since the name is so common here, even I didn't make the connection, although I've read (and love) the entire Ender's series.

i just don't understand why these girls give more importance to their boyfriend than parents.

They don't. That didn't happen in the FML.

THIS IS PETRA VENJ OF THE AWOKEN ROYAL GUARD AND IM COMPLETELY NORMAL

lexiieeex3 32

Jane the virgin is just running through my mind right now.

Badkarma4u 17

That was actually kind of funny, in a mom way.

Don't worry OP. Parents will occasionally embarrass you in front of your significant other. Just explain to your mother that it's embarrassing and to tone it back a little. And if your boyfriend really likes you then he wouldn't care anyway.