By etmerda - 12/07/2012 10:31 - United States

Today, I walked around town by myself for four hours because I was too ashamed to tell my parents that I have no friends willing to spend time with me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 129
You deserved it 4 696

Same thing different taste

Top comments

frankq555 3
MrBrightside21 20

Make that four. But I usually bring candy to offer to people so they would want to hang out with me... Why do they always call the cops? It's like the world wants me to be friendless.

Comments

borkchop1992 15

My friends are always with me but i guess its because they're always in my head...oh would you look at the time it's time for me to go to my psych.

g0ldenb0nes 6

I think i'd rather tell my parents I had no friends than walk around alone for 4 hours awkwardly.

Where did you get the idea it was 4 hours?

17 - She got the idea from the FML, like everyone else that can actually read.

Not so much a case of not knowing how to read, more a case of my human brain seeing "for four," reading it as "for for," and dismissing the second one as a mistake. Believe it or not, I actually went to read the FML a second time before my initial reply, and still came to the same end.

30 - I would bash you more like 90% of the rest of the Internet, but people are imperfect, and I understand that.

yomommma 6

That is truly sad. Make more of an effort to meet new people while walking around town.

iiAntheA17 7

I'm sure she wouldn't go up to some random person and say "Hi! Wanna be my new best friend?" Just Saying.

flutter4 7

32- that's not always how you make friends

Go to Dairy Queen. It should cheer ya up. ;)

U should get a job. Im sure you can meet someone there.

flutter4 7

How do you know she doesn't have a job?

You're a woman, so you have a guaranteed way of making tons of new friends: Your boobs. Men love boobs and will do anything to see/touch/be near them, include spending time pretending to talk to you while they not-so-subtlely ogle you.

iiAntheA17 7

Women take that offensive. Just because we have boobs doesn't mean anything. We like friends who like us for us. I have big boobs, and that probably explains why I have more guy friends then girl friends. But it's nice to have a guy friend that doesn't stare at your chest every time you're around him.

DontClickOnMe 28

I have more guy friends than girl friends and I'm part of the itty bitty titty committee. I think it's because girls cause more drama, which I definitely don't need.

36 - Doc isn't being serious. Lighten up a bit.

iiAntheA17 7

iiAntheA17 - You find THAT offensive? Wow...it's a good thing I didn't say anything truly offensive then. It's just a joke. Everyone knows that all guys are repulsed by big boobs.

iiAntheA17 7

I'm not saying I take it offensive. I got used to it years ago. But I'm saying that some women do. And I got the joke. :)

You got used to it years ago? Your only 14?

iiAntheA17 7

I've had big boobs since 2nd grade. -.-

DontClickOnMe 28

58 - I find that hard to believe. Putting socks in your shirt doesn't count, by the way.

iiAntheA17 7

I did. Well. I guess they were big for that age. And I've never had to stuff my bra. They're big enough.

58- With all due respect, we really don't need to hear about it

65-Purely out of curiosity, what do you qualify as 'big boobs'? Because I can promise you your 'boobs' weren't exactly that in the 2nd grade.

Second grade?? Really??? I've heard of girls developing early but c'mon? U may have needed a trading bra but I doubt you were a dd or anything. Besides even if you did have big boobs in second grade what kind of perv is commenting about them?

peachesncreem 21

57 - you hit puberty in 2nd grade? REALLY?

elletex 8

No one wants to hear about your 2nd grade ****.

elletex 8

I find it amusing that you find Doc's joke about breasts offensive, but you're chatting away to the Internet about yours and your history with puberty. Yeah, makes sense. We don't want to hear it.

KILLERTOAST13 4

If you find something like THAT offensive then you obviously shouldn't be posting on this site

Keliosan 6

Sorry 36, the world is offensive. Get over it, ignore it, or just go with it.

robinhood007 9

Not always so fool proof though.

tweetbaby14 18

65, so I checked out your picture and I hate to tell you this, but showing your cleavage does not mean you have big boobs, my dear. You look like you might be about... A C or so I dunno I've never worked at VS, Walmart or wherever you purchase your "big booby" bras.

Actually, I had a friend in second grade who had her period. Early onset puberty does happen and it's more common in girls than boys. I've also heard of girls as young as nine years old getting pregnant. Knowing that, I find it quite plausible that a second grade girl could have relatively large breasts. And yes, Doc was joking, as he always is, and he's usually funny, but in this particular case I find his jest to be in very poor taste and, yes, offensive. I think the objectification of women is something that is taken far too lightly in our society.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Good advice doc... Though I will follow it with the caveat that when you start talking about your love of skulls, it's a 50/50 shot if guys will stay for the boobs or run for the hills. When you discuss the graphic details of how a sex change works... Well I've yet to see any man hang around for me to finish that discussion.

Gracehi - I'm sorry you feel that way. Just for your information, I tend to objectify everything and everyone equally. It isn't bias if you hate, er I mean treat everyone the same.

I hate when girls talk about being 'objectified' or about guys being so sexist. I, for one think it's hilarious. Some of us have a sense of humor

176- This is why I try to objectify everyone. I just say, "Wow, look at that bulge!" as I walk past a crowd. That's pretty androgynous.

iiAntheA17 7

You always have your hand!! Haha. I'm just kidding. Build up the courage and talk to someone. Maybe they'll be your friend OP. You never know! :)

Why can't your hand be your friend? You use it for many things, such as lifting objects, balancing yourself, and let's never forget, touching yourself! ;)

iiAntheA17 7

Haha. I said just kidding because I think OP wants a real friend. (:

iiAntheA17 7

Haha. I said just kidding because I think OP wants a real friend. (:

unknown_user5566 26

29- So you bitch about "offensive" topics on Doc's comment, and then go ahead and post a sexual and potentially offensive (to some people) post of your own? If you have an opinion about some topics that are offensive that differs from other's opinions, that's fine, but be consistent.

I see your point, Kleeklyay, but I don't think Anthea is really being inconsistent here. She took issue with Doc's comment because it was sexist, not sexually explicit. Her comment is sexually explicit but not sexist. Clearly she objects to sexist comments (made in jest or not) but not sexually explicit comments. Others may take issue with sexually explicit comments but not sexist ones. Because of the nature of this site, we all make comments on risque topics and everyone takes offense to some but not others. I think it's unfair to expect Anthea to never make a conceivably offensive comment simply because she protested another comment dealing with an unrelated topic.

iiAntheA17 7

Ones in Texas smoking pot for all I care, and my dad is always working.

Gracehi - Please explain how my comment was sexist. I said that women have boobs and that men love boobs. Part A is true, part B is true. These are uncontested facts, yes?

Those facts are not sexist, but you advised that she should use her breasts, rather than personality attributes, to make male friends, insinuating that that's the only reason a man would be friends with her. I understand that it was a joke, but I'm surprised that an intelligent person such as yourself fails to see the sexism in that.

I wander by myself all the time because I don't have many friends, and none at all who live within walking distance. Not so bad if you you've got headphones, a music player, Faygo, and a good book or something to draw with and on... Of course, this is just my personal opinion.