By Amelia - 23/06/2019 00:16

Today, I’ve discovered that even if he brushes his teeth for 10 minutes straight, flosses, and rinses with mouthwash, my boyfriend’s breath still smells like a cross between sewage and rotting fish. I’m running out of excuses for not kissing him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 666
You deserved it 233

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Could be anything from gingivitis to tonsil stones. Tell him how it smells, and then tell him to go to the damn dentist.

He needs to see a doctor. He could have problems in his lungs, sinuses or digestive tract that could be the source of the stank.

Comments

Sady_Ct 37

My husband has really bad breath as well and he’s super hygienic mouth wise, no tooth or gum issues etc. He went to the doctor about something else entirely, and the doctor noticed his breath and has started a whole Bunch of tests bloods etc. bad breath can indicate a number of other health conditions based on smell etc. maybe you should get him to the doctor.

As well as health conditions, some medications can do this and there are things that can be done. Try to stop avoiding the situation and help him find a real solution. Many don’t want to go to the doctors over something like this until it interferes with life. You not wanting to kiss him falls under that. A good push if he’s doctor resistant.

kyleivy 7

That's why you should have let him speak before drunk making out with him 😂

Mungolikecandy 19

There are other underlying issues and he should check with a doctor regarding it. There has been shown to be a link with heart disease and bad breath and also diabetes and other issues.

Could be some really gross post-nasal drip. Daily use of a neti pot, Zyrtec, and a tongue scraper should take care of it.

bobsanction 18

Have you tried being honest? Halitosis has many causes and can be treated.

Could be something medical. I'd tell him to go to a dentist to see if it's something more serious.

Just give him a bj and soon as you see him every time then tell him you don't want to kiss him with cum breath