By Anonymous - 12/12/2017 19:00

Today, I returned home from my honeymoon and met my dad for coffee. He told me he's been seeing someone and he's so happy. It's my new mother-in-law. They moved in together during my wedding weekend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 638
You deserved it 354

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PhantomCrevan 8

... at least they waited until after the wedding, so you didn't have to deal with the awkward explanation that people would have wanted? Plus you didn't have to say your vows worrying about if you would be stepping siblings in a few years.

At least they're happy. I don't see any problems with it aside from the obvious one that really doesn't make you related by blood.

Comments

PhantomCrevan 8

... at least they waited until after the wedding, so you didn't have to deal with the awkward explanation that people would have wanted? Plus you didn't have to say your vows worrying about if you would be stepping siblings in a few years.

At least they're happy. I don't see any problems with it aside from the obvious one that really doesn't make you related by blood.

PenguinPal3017 19

You shouldn't be married to your sister, which he might be pretty soon.

No you shouldn't have relations with your blood relatives.

It's not his sister. It's his step sister. There's nothing wrong if they're not related by blood.

Lord, you are slow. They aren't actually sister-brother.

exileonmainst 16

If only you’d met your father for tea! Then everything would’ve been different.

thatslifeiguess7 16

omg how are you going to explain this to the kids

I don't get why this is a problem. don't you want your father to be happy?

it's not that OP doesn't want their father to be happy, it's that if they get married OPs wife or husband will be their brother or sister

You need to hope they stay together! This trims your Christmas list and slices your number of obligatory parental visits in half! You need to be for your dad if only for the sake of the sheer efficiency!

Lobby_Bee 17

You're right, this is a FML moment. Your father doesn't deserve to find someone he likes.

That makes you and your wife, step-sister/brother. Every porno I've seen speaks of this myth.... LOL